Monday 1 June 2020

June Kraft+ Challenge - Navy & Yellow!


Hello Krafters and hello Winter...well, it is here in Australia!

 
Thank you so much to all who participated in last month’s PAPER CUTS Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is bursting with gorgeous creations, it was so wonderful to see you all embrace the scissors ;)

The June challenge.

NAVY & YELLOW! 


This month we have a fabulous colour challenge to get your inspiration flowing! How beautiful is this mood board, I personally love it, so beautiful!

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 Navy & Yellow Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team



I started with a photo that would suit this colour challenge and then found some patterned paper that matched. It is not a colour combo I use very often, but I think they do go very well together!




I was inspired by the paint brush strokes in the graphic. I did some background work with Gesso, paint and a stencil.




 This month I started with some watercolour on the background. The bright yellow behind the photo is some T2 packaging. The title was cut on a Silhouette Cameo and the journalling was done on a brown paper bag as I couldn't get my Kraft through my typewriter.




June page.




 I was inspired by the colour of my great nephews shirt, which worked perfectly for the yellow and navy challenge.




 This was the perfect photo for this challenge - I love this colour combination.




 June page.




For June's colour challenge, I thought I'd step out of the box and create some Happy Mail from a tissue box I had ready to recycle. See what I did there? Out of the BOX? Anyways, flex your creativity and remember, you can create anything for our KRAFT + challenges. Long as you use Kraft as your base


 Here are some extra shots of the inside of my Happy Mail folder, to give you an idea of how I've decorated it with the KRAFT + colour palette for June's challenge





Hi All! I loved this color combo Navy and yellow.. I added some yellow water color over the stencilling on the back ground and painted the chipboards navy and found papers that fit this color combo in my stash..I cut some die cuts to add some embellishments to my layout as well.. TFL!!




 I find this an easy colour combo to work with, it just seems to go together easily, Hope you can join us this month.




Hi Everyone! Navy and Yellow are the colours for this months challenge.I love working with these colours especially yellow. As do love the brights. I captured this photo on our family travels through Europe in 2015. We spotted this mail box in St.Peters Basilicia when we visited the majestic Vatican Square.And it’s yellow and hard to miss! Hope you can join in and play along with this challenge.TFL,Amy






 The news that lockdown around the world reduced pollution dramatically inspired this art journal page. I hope we can learn from this!




Guest Designer

Please welcome for this month...


Rhonda Sparkes


Hi, my name is Rhonda (Ronnie) and I am so honoured to have been asked to be your guest designer for the June challenge.

My crafting journey started 5 years ago when a girlfriend asked if I would be interested in going to something called a “retreat”. I replied yes, but with no supplies and also no idea what I was getting myself in to she took me under her wing with a lovely afternoon at her house being loaded up with lots of paper and card, and a list of what else I might need. My first retreat with Little Scrapbook Shop at Hartzer Park in Bowral was amazing and I was hooked.

Fast forward to 2020. I have learnt so much but still have way more to discover. I take great joy in designing, creating and using my own stencils, stamps and die cuts. I enjoy figuring out things like how to stop a homemade gelli plate from going mouldy, make alcohol inks, refill paint pens, and a lot of other crazy stuff. YouTube has a lot to answer for, plus I hate throwing anything out!

I joined the Kraft+ family in late March and have loved the monthly mood board inspirations so very much. I live in Sydney. There are no kids or pets so it’s mostly my husband or a selfie as the subject matter for my layouts. Luckily he hasn’t banned me from snapping photos of him yet!

I hope you like my contribution to this months challenge.
Scrap Ibis Ronnie



Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com


That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips