Wednesday 1 February 2023

February Kraft+ Challenge - Golden Hour

Hello Krafters!

Welcome to February.

 Thank you to everyone who joined us for last month’s K+ REVISITED CHALLENGE. It was interesting to see what you all chose to ‘revisit’. As always, the FB Community gallery looks absolutely gorgeous! Thank you.

 

February challenge.


 

This month we are going to celebrate Summer’s ‘GOLDEN HOUR’ with a colour challenge of...

YELLOW, KRAFT and ORANGE/RED.

 You are welcome to add small amounts of black and white. I hope you have fun with this month’s colour challenge.

 

JANUARY ‘GOLDEN HOUR’ CHALLENGE

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


 


This month I found some photos with a touch of the mood board colours in them, then raided my stash and had a great time simply plonking bits down. The frame makes a perfect journaling spot!

 

 

 



 

 

 


I took my cue from the photo on the challenge board and used a sunset photo, orange and yellow. My photo had pinks in it too so I added plenty of pink around the photo.
I used almost entirely old papers and embellishments on this page. Some of them are ancient but they worked together well.
I hope you'll join us this month!

 


 

 


Whilst this colour board screams sunrise/sunset I wanted to choose a different theme. I wasn’t sure what that theme would be until I found this photo and as soon as I saw it I could picture the layout.


 

 

 


Originally I was going to scrap this photo used in the challenge, as it’s one of my sunrise photos...I couldn’t quite find the right photo on the internet for the inspiration board. Though while tidying up my ArtStacks products, I came across this art piece from Deb Weiers which incorporated all the right colours...so my scrapbook page turned into an art journal inspiration. I took inspiration from Deb’s art work for my background using a mix of Dina Wakley’s paints and Distress paint. I’ve added a chipboard figure and stencil card under the piece. I’m a huge fan of these colours, I hope you have fun with them too.

 



 


I am in a tag mood this month, so I created my project on a small and a large Kraft tag! Was a great excuse to use my new Rubber Dance stamps. Thanks for the gorgeous photo inspiration Paula Perry.

 

 

 


Summer fun , late afternoon on Christmas Day. kids loved the Slip n Slide, add some dishwashing detergent, for extra bubbles and slipperyness, makes for a fun afternoon

 

 

 

 


I love how sometimes it's the smallest thing in a moodboard that can get your creative juices flowing. I was struggling to find a suitable photo when I saw the little figure which reminded me of the logo for Hamilton (a stretch I know but that's where my mind went!) And my sister was wearing orange. meant to be.


 

 


Hi all, this is my layout for the February challenge.. I love that beautiful photo in the mood board and was inspired to use this photo of my daughter at sunset at the sunshine coast several years ago and I created my layout around the photo and the beach theme.


 

 

Guest Designer

This month please welcome...

 

Lisette Smith


 I am so excited to be the guest designer for Kraft+ this month. I love a colour challenge and this combo is so me. I loved using yellow and orange with a sprinkling of red. The sunsets over the desert are absolutely fantastic and this photo was perfect for this challenge. I love creating my own backgrounds with paint, inks and sprays used with Scrapmatts stencils. I also used Scrapmatts chipboard which I colour and topped this off with a Charms star. I hope you enjoy this challenge as well and look forward to seeing your creations.

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips