Tuesday 31 July 2018

August Challenge: Inspired by Terracotta


Hello Krafters! 
Here in Australia it is the last month of Winter
and gardeners are out in their gardens
getting ready for Spring.
Pruning their roses, fertilizing their soil,  re-potting plants  etc.
And, speaking of pots.. terracotta pots that is... we have our next challenge for you!

Be inspired by Terracotta 


You could be inspired by the pots themselves and create a garden page. 
You could be inspired by the colour terracotta and team it with another colour to create a stunning colour combo (think teals, yellows  or blues!)
Or you could find inspiration in Amanda's brilliant graphic. 
We look forward to seeing what you come up with! 

We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journalling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!

You can share your K+ creations with us either in our 
Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group 
OR via the inlinkz in the sidebar 




The Design Team 

have come up with some stunning and clever ideas to inspire you all 

I was inspired by our graphics with the terracotta tiles and also this 
colour scheme that I found on pinterest. 

Using my distress oxide inks (again!) I created my background with a stencil and stencil brush (best new tool ever!), and I thought this photo of Uluru was a perfect match for this colour scheme!




For this challenge Louise has used some terracotta coloured paint with a favourite stencil, to create a background for a coordinated colour photo


I struggled to get started with this one.
 But Sandra Brimelow wisely advised me to start with the photo and go from there. This photo was taken at a local botanic gardens which has a desert garden (a great terracotta colour) and then I have used some paint in the background to tie it in.


I've made a card for this month. Stamped woodgrain background on Kraft


This challenge had me scrabbling around in my hundreds of travel photos for inspiration.
 I finally came across a few photos of a mural in a little country town in S.A. and managed to stitch a few of them together with the help of you tube.






As suspected I had lots of trouble finding terracotta in my stash! I picked my photo based on the terracotta hues in it and then took inspiration from the Aztec-type patterns on my scarf (one of my favourites). The photo is a recent one of my sister and I on her 40th.


I was inspired by the colour of the bricks, but also the different colours in the challenge graphic. I wanted to try to replicate the look of the bricks in the photos, so did a lot of mixed media to them. Terracotta comes in so many different colours, so I have tried to represent this with the flowers.


The terra-cotta reminded me of bricks... so created my bg based on them.


Hi..Here is my layout for August to be inspired by Terracotta.. I love this older photo of my two sitting in a big pot I bought for my garden.. My they have both grown so much since this day!! TFL!


My inspiration came from the shape of the tiles, hence why I grabbed this stencil, which I used with the gel plate, then misted after it had dried.



I broke a small terracotta container to add to the layout Inspired by the idea that we are but fragile vases but that we can be remade to be whole again.


Kraft Plus Guest Designers 


Melinda Sweetman 



I was truly stumped with the prompt this month and whenever I don't know the answer I ask my friend Dr Google! Dr Google showed me a tonne of photos of the Terracotta Army and lots of terracotta pots. I then googled terracotta pots and got lots of photos including cactii! Which lead me to google Cactii quotes and I ended up with this one!! The lovely Gwen will be releasing the cactii cut file in a few days and I knew it would be perfect for this page so off I went!





Lisa Marie-Watling


For this one, I allowed my mind to wander far. My first thoughts on tiles was 'roof'.  And from there it snowballed to house, home and a poster I have up in my home titled "What I love most about my home is who I share it with".  Home is not just bricks and mortar; home is those you love.  My daughter is my home, my love, my life, my everything.

I love where the inspiration took you Lisa-Marie




And there is our challenge for you this month.
How will YOU be inspired by Terracotta?
We hope you play along :)
Until then
Happy Krafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips