Sunday 1 July 2018

July Challenge ..Warp and Weft..also a sad goodbye and an exciting introduction!

Hello again Krafters!

I'm not sure where the months are going,
 it is hard to fathom that it is already 
JULY!!

Thank you to everyone who played along with the
Dr Seuss challenge, we just loved seeing all of your 
interpretations of his quotes and also to those who have embraced 
our new direction and have been joining in on the 
conversations and games in our Facebook Community 
This month the challenge is... 

Warp and Weft. 

Incorporate some
WEAVING
onto your creation. 

Graphic designed by Amanda Hall 


Criteria : Kraft + Weaving 


We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journalling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!

Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible.

**Please take the time to read the RULES before participating.
you can participate by  uploading  your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar or via our
 Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group 

A Sad Goodbye …


It is with sadness that  we say goodbye to 

Belinda Jane Spencer 
from the K+ Design Team. 
Belinda has amazed us time and time again with her amazing talent 
and with  her stunning interpretations of 
the K+ Challenges and has also been  
wonderfully supportive behind the scenes.
Thank you BJ  ( ;-) ) for your support and friendship.
We wish you all the very best with your future endeavours.
xx

and an Exciting Introduction  




We have 
TWO NEW 
talented designers joining our K+ Design Team 
I am sure these girls will knock your socks off with their 
future K+ inspirations. 

Please Welcome 

Sandra Brimelow 

(I think it is safe to say that Sandra has always been an unofficial 
K+ girl right from the start.. playing along with all but  one K+ challenge.)
Thank you Sandra for your continuing support and it is so wonderful to make you an official K+ Girl :)  x

and 

Rachel Rigden 

K+ 
Design Team 
Inspiration
(Wow Girls!! Such brilliant inspiration! ) 



"For this challenge, I have woven ribbon through lace, used hessian with a very woven texture. I also used Threads from the hessian to lay across the hessian, essentially appearing like it is woven, The Charms heart has woven fabric on it as well."



I started with the large cut file and an idea to weave some paper through that. It didn't really work as well as I'd hoped. I love working with embroidery thread so I decided to make the large heart instead (also a cut file). When I put some Crate Paper Good Vibes paper behind the large cut file it looked awesome. I just love how well the purple-blue in the Good Vibes works with the Kraft. I popped up the Kraft chevron with a couple of glue dots to give it dimension. In the end I was really happy with how this one turned out.



"I saw some paper weaving using book paper and that is where I started! I used my gelli plate to add some colour with distress inks to my book paper and also took some prints on deli paper and plain paper at the same time. I used all three types of paper to weave a background mat for my photos and decided to also weave directly into my background. I love how it turned out!"


"Don't you just love it when a skerrick of an idea comes to life on the page, just the way you hoped it would? My weaving was done with ripped up jeans, kindly donated by this Girl's Grandfather."


Janice has used plasterers tape and some brightly coloured thread to create stunning focal points 
and has also included some subtle stamping of a woven pattern. 


When I put the weaving on the paper, it looked like more of a weaving challenge than a kraft one. Pulled out some stamps and made some matching paper and embellishments to put a bit of focus back on the Kraft



I used a stamp with a weaving pattern, weaving patterned paper, hessian, some charms with weaving material, dies with a weaving pattern and chipboard too. I think that is it!




"She weaves magic everywhere she goes" I used my old Creative Memories cutter for this...too easy! I'd lose half my fingers with a blade & ruler  
The underside actually looks so good that I'm tempted to use the back too. Thanks for the challenge Sandra, not sure I'd have done paper weaving otherwise
 "I did some paper weaving then cut stars out from it!!"



"Ten cms of weaving made it on the page!"


 "Loved this challenge. 
I did some "chunky" weaving on my back ground and added some ribbon in the weave too.. TFL!"


Louise has incorporated weaving in the most brilliant way and in typical Lou style.
*sigh. 

 Using some paper weaving for my take on the challenge


Used my Gel Plate to make backgrounds, cut them into strips and wove them. Stuck to some card, then die cut all the circles!!! Loved this challenge, although, it did test my patience a little
Light bulbs and woven black die cuts from Uniquely Creative dies!




Kraft Plus Guest Designer 

Tracey Beer 



Tracey has used a woven bracelet she bought at the market in
 Central America as told in her journaling.
… PERFECT!! 



Lynette Jacobs 



Lynette's Blog



I cut up one sheet of patterned paper and weaved it, then I stuck a chipboard heart onto the weaving and cut off the pieces around the heart




Thank you again to everyone who played along with the Dr Seuss challenge. 

Please remember.. we would LOVE to see you and your creations in the 
K+ Community Group
Or why not just pop in and pay a visit and hang out for a while ;) 

Until next time..
Happy Krafting… and WEAVING! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips