Monday 1 April 2019

April 2019 - 'Alice in Wonderland'


Hello Krafters!


Firstly I want to make a sincere apology if anyone sent me an email last month. I had issues with our account, LOL basically I forgot the password and couldn’t get back in! It’s now kraftplusaust@outlook.com and I’ve done the cardinal sin and written the password down, so I won’t be locked out again. My apologies if anyone thinks I was ignoring them, I’m so very sorry.

Welcome to April!!! Haha I know I say it each and every month, but how quickly are the months flying past! We truly appreciate all who participated in our “Metallics and Jewels” challenge, the Facebook K+ Community page is looking fabulous!

Now, onto this month’s amazing “Alice by Andrea” challenge...where we want you to be inspired by the gorgeous illustrations by Andrea D’Aquino

ALICE’S ADVENTURES in WONDERLAND!



The Kraft Plus Design Team
As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!

My april page


Sandra - April challenge



 This month I was inspired to create an art journal page, as I loved the whimsical feel of Andrea's illustrations. I've used some cut-outs from Dina Wakley's Collage Collective book...the colours were perfect!





 Hullo fellow Kraft-ers! My inspiration for this month came from the big image. I basically took the colours, slapped some inks on & built up my LO from that. Decided to go a bit ‘mad hatterish’ & repeat the ampersand motif. For no reason! But that’s what Wonderland is like, right??!!! Hope you have fun with this challenge!



 So, what to do when you cant sleep!! Finished just before the new month. My art journal take on the April challenge!



Hi. Here is my layout for April. I was inspired by the blues and greens of the back ground and made a painted back ground for my page.. TFL!!



 “We’re all mad here”-I chose this quote from the famed Alice In Wonderland Book.It was the perfect quote to compliment the photo here.This picture was taken on a scrap retreat last year with an awesome and fun bunch of ladies.Thank you for a fabulous time!



I was inspired by the messy, arty images in the main image and the bold white text. I loved the small pops of other colours throughout all of the imagery and my black splatters represent the pops of black throughout



 Tracey Beer



Guest Designer

This month's Guest Designer is Julie Schinkel


 My layout was chosen as the favourite for the January "Indigenous Art" Challenge. That challenge was so easy, but this month was a little trickier for me lol. Using this month's mood board, I went with the White Rabbit as Alice in Wonderland is very on trend right now. I've used the "Alice Cards" from Stamperia's "Alice" Collection as my focal image with a heavily inked/stamped background and lots of green to make the rabbit pop. You can find close up photos of my page on my blog at juliescrafthaven.blogspot.com.au



We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone that is not on Facebook can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the April challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s ALICE BY ANDREA challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips