Wednesday 1 May 2019

May 2019 - Sketch Challenge


Good morning Krafters!

 Hello May!!! As always, last month vanished all too quick! We truly appreciate all who participated in our “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” challenge, the Facebook K+ Community page is looking fabulous! There were some very creative takes on last month’s challenge, I loved them all!

Now...onto this month’s brilliant “Sketch” challenge. Who doesn’t love a good sketch to inspire you! I know I certainly love them and judging by this month’s inspiration from the Design Team, so do they. We want you to be inspired by the colour swatches and the sketch this month.

SKETCH CHALLENGE!



The Kraft Plus Design Team

As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!


I've had this photo of myself in my to scrap pile for a while. It was taken after a very fun night with some fabulous ladies. When I found the pink flowers from Cocoa Vanilla's Happiness collection I knew I had to get them on this page. I find them so beautiful the page didn't really need much else




My May page




I decided to add the graph paper to the bottom part of the layout, and used the stripes in other areas on the layout. For the number component I have used washi tape with numbers. I stitched some fabric onto the page, and then stitched a frame around the photo.




I’ve been loving the art journaling of late, and thought this sketch would also work perfectly for that. Sketches certainly take out the hard work and I love a project that I don’t have to think! I’ve also been loving the Dina Wakley Collage Collective book with it’s designs, using a couple of square designs and a tag...too easy!




 The perfect challenge for those of you who love a good sketch! And this was such fun to interpret. I used more the sketch than the swatches- but picked up the red colour. The diagonals were created with a paint pen! Looking forward to seeing your creations for this months K+ challenge!!



 Hi. I loved this sketch as the base for my layout.. and was inspired by the colours as well.. TFL!



 ‘So much grey to every story’-I have flipped this sketch. I had a blast creating this page.We would love to see your interpretations of this sketch challenge over here at Kraftplus.



I really loved the sketch and the colours made me think immediately of Christmas. Then I found this kraft with gold and I just had fun playing and putting this page together!
















I love a sketch, it gives you a start when you might not be sure what to do with a page. This photo is an old one of my youngest’s christening from 2011. I am still catching up with old photos! I used mixed media for my background and used some D-lish Scraps embellishments to finish it off.




Here's a pic of my kiddies in 2012 during our Darwin to SA, road trip. We fell in love with the Yarn Bombing art works in Port Adelaide. I've used texture paste for the white numbers and stars, washi tapes, date stamps, Heidi Swapp screen print for the bottom, and some Echo Park stickers and papers!!!


 

Guest Designer

We welcome Rachel Langdon as this month's Guest Designer!



Hi my name is Rachel and I am thrilled to be joining the Kraft Plus community this month with my interpretation of the sketch for May. First off I flipped the sketch and worked vertically down the page using some white gesso for my base then adding stamping, paper layers and machine stitching. I kept the embellishments pretty simple with the main features being some butterflies and a Charms creations heart. I have really enjoyed playing along with the Kraft Plus challenges this year and encourage everyone out there to give it a go. Thanks





Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout/creation in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the chance.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the May challenge. 
We do hope you enjoy this month’s SKETCH challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips