Thursday 1 August 2019

August 2019 - Nursery Rhymes


Good morning Krafters!


Welcome to August!!! I know I say this each and every month, but where is the time going...eeeck! It’s all moving way too fast for me.

As always, I absolutely love the Facebook K+ Community page, thank you to all who participated in our BOLLYWOOD Challenge. It was fabulous to see that colour, bling and of course all those gorgeous mandala’s!

Now, the best thing about a new month is a new challenge. This month we want you to be inspired by NURSERY RHYMES, and the lovely graphics on this month’s mood board. As always, the graphics were created by the very talented Amanda Hall.

 ‘NURSERY RHYMES’ Challenge.




The Kraft Plus Design Team
As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!


 “Mary had a little lamb”-had a blast making this one. Firstly, I had to take a selfie-yup! with the ‘stickers’ component on my phone. My aim was to try and keep this one vintage as Nursery Rhymes have been around for a very long time.
Fun fact: Mary Had a Little Lamb, is an all-American nursery rhyme first published as a poem in 1830by Sarah Hale in Boston. There you go!




I really don't know why it took me so long to decide on a nursery rhyme, especially considering stars is my jam and we have this quote up on the wall in my youngest's bedroom however when I finally decided this came together really quickly with this photo of me with my newest nephew ♥♥♥ Love all those shades of blue and look at his precious little face, just love!!



I must admit I struggled a little with this, until I decided to journal about my long held fear of spiders! Not exactly how I imagined a nursery-rhyme inspired page to go, but that is the beauty of challenges, they take you in all different directions!



My Nursery rhyme page with photos of my sister and niece in the garden, so I went with Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary as my Nursery Rhyme inspiration!



To market, to market to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggity jig. This was the nursery rhyme that inspired my double page about visiting an amazing market then an experience we had going home from that market. I really had to think outside the square to make nursery rhymes work with my desire to scrap my travel photos but in the end, the nursery rhyme was perfect!




 When I saw the graphic for this challenge, I realised that I had a cartridge for my Cricut that was similar. So I cut a background image out as the base for my page and kept the rest of the page fairly simple. I also used some of Charms creations musical flags to go with the theme of nursery rhymes.



 For my layout, I was inspired by the nursery rhyme, Little Boy Blue, lol obviously. My great nephew has lovely blue eyes, and with him dressed in blue, I thought it was the perfect choice. I tried to add lots of different blues on the layout, the challenge was to get them to compliment each other.



Here’s my take on our new rock a bye challenge. Luckily I had the perfect photo!! And tissue paper adds some yummy texture.



 HI Here is my layout for the August Nursery Rhyme challenge... I was inspired by the rhyme... sugar and spice... of course my new Grand Daughter is the reason for this layout.. TFL!




 August, Nursery Rhymes
 





Guest Designer

This month we welcome back an ex Designer,
the very lovely Belinda Spencer as Guest Designer!
I’ve always been a huge fan of Belinda’s work and was very sad to see her leave K+! I am so appreciative of her stepping up to help out this month, as unfortunately our nominated Guest Designer had to pull out due to family issues...continued best wishes to them.
Thanks Belinda!





Hello! My name is Belinda Spencer and I have been scrapping since 2003. I live on a farm in the Adelaide Hills with my husband, two children and a multitude of animals.

I am predominantly a scrapper but also love to create cards, artist trading cards and the odd mini album and off the page project.

My style tends to be all over the place. Sometimes I aim for a cleaner, quicker A4 size layout. Sometimes I splash about a bit of mixed media. It all depends how I feel on the day and how much time I have to get something done. I do love to include texture and dimension with lots of lovely layers. My favourite technique right now is to create a watercolour effect on my backgrounds using paints. I would be lost without my Canson white cardstock, craft knife and inks!

I have been published in Scrapbook Creations, Scrapbooking Memories and Somerset Memories magazines.

I am currently a Design Team member at The Dusty Attic and contributing artist at Darkroom Door. Previous teams have included Kraft Plus Challenges, The Scrapbook Store, Charms Creations, Imaginarium Designs, The Colour Room, Purple Pumpkin, White With One, and Kaisercraft.

I would love to thank Paula for inviting me to be a guest designer for August. I hope that you find some time to play along with this awesome challenge.

You can see more of my work here:
http://happyscrapspace.blogspot.com/



Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the August challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s NURSERY RHYMES challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips