Sunday 1 September 2019

September - Red, black, white + Kraft Challenge.


Good morning Krafters!


Welcome to September and a big welcome to Spring...yay, bring on that warmer weather.


It’s also Father’s Day here in Australia, so we hope everyone enjoys the day, celebrating with all the dad’s in their life.


I know I say it each and every month, but I’m absolutely loving the Facebook K+ Community page!  Thank you to all who participated in our NURSERY RHYME Challenge. It was so cool to see such clever takes on the challenge and to be reminded of so many much forgotten nursery rhymes and to learn new ones!

Now onto the new monthly challenge. This month we want you to be inspired by our RED, BLACK,  WHITE + KRAFT CHALLENGE, and the brilliant graphics on this month’s mood board. As always, the graphics were created by the very talented Amanda Hall.

 ‘RED, BLACK, WHITE + KRAFT’ Challenge. 





The Kraft Plus Design Team
As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!




 I love this colour combo. The camera is an image from Pinterest (sorry forgot to record the source) which I printed then fussy cut.

 


‘Too much perfection is a mistake’-with these colours I was enticed to do a styled page here. I used various types of techniques including stamping, splatters and stencil, paints from Scrapping Clearly. For texture I used punchinella and metal flowers from Dlish Scraps, chipboard, bubble wrap, thread and handmade DIY ‘X’ from Charms Creations. TFL, Amy



 I don't know what it is about RED but every time I see it for any challenge I immediately think of Christmas! So I went through my photo's and came across this cute one of the boys from last year and thought the brown on the reindeer glasses pulled it all together perfectly!



  Oh I love this colour combo! Red, Black and White really pop on kraft. I kept my design simple so the colours don't overwhelm the page. I love the way they can create a bright, funky and fun page!



 September red, black and white challenge. I chose to stick to the colour scheme of red, black and white. Using a stencil as a main feature in red and black and white photos.



  I was inspired by the red and white lines and the circle motifs. All the black circles are stamped and embossed in black. Red ones are Oxide ink. The title piece was the front of a card I made a long time ago and up cycled for this challenge!



 Yay! I was determined to get this one finished ahead of time for a change :) This month I had some trouble starting with my photo, so I decided to grab some of my stash instead and see what came of it. Enter the negative of an alpha set and voila, background done!



 September page!



 I was inspired by the image that had the city names on it, so found something similar in my stash, and added this.




 I have to confess, this is my 2nd layout for this challenge, as I misplaced my original, LOL! This colour combo is one of my absolute favourites, so found it very easy to work with. I used rub-ons to replicate the lettering in the mood board and there is a hint of the strips with my matting paper. I’ve used the chipboard cogs to mimic the circles too. I seriously loved Amanda’s graphics in this month’s moodboard.




  Love the boldness of the colours in this month’s challenge - so I used a big, fussy cut, slightly ‘retro’ flower from a magazine. Also, I wanted to mimic the block lettering idea - which I’ve used for the long title.



 Hi All, This is my layout for the September Challenge to use red black and white.. How good does these three colors look on Kraft!! I have also popped a bit of love on this page as I love these 4 girls of mine!! TFL!!



Guest Designer

This month we welcome Raquel Manson




 
Hello, I was over the moon to be asked to be guest designer for September. What a privilege. I live in Queensland, Sunshine Coast near the Glasshouse Mountains. I have been doing Arts and Crafts since I was young. Love drawing, painting and Art Journaling. My Friends got me into Scrapbooking and Card making over 30 years ago. Over the past 5 years, I have gone into mix media side and go to lots of different workshops to learn all different techniques. I also love designing and teaching. I love all techniques and use many different products in my work. I love Artists Finnabair, Donna Downey, Sue Smyth and Monika Dabrowska, styles of Art. My Family are grown up but some still live at home and I have a new Grand Daughter as well. My September Challenge I used Stamperia tissue paper, I call Rose Lady. I found a stencil from Spot Light with City names and used black modelling paste. I put a black and white spiral funnel, and added red bricks and the saying "There Is No Remedy For Love But To Love More." Thanks for inviting me xx Have fun doing this month’s challenge and looking forward to seeing your pics. Raquel Manson

Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the August challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s RED, BLACK, WHITE + KRAFT challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips