Friday 1 November 2019

November Kraft+ Floral Art Challenge!


Good morning Krafters!


Hello November! Time is certainly speeding up, or is it just me? I can’t believe we are welcoming a new monthly challenge.

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s PHOTO INSPO + KRAFT Challenge, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking fab! We love it when you share your creations with us.

Now, the best thing about a new month is a new challenge. This month we want you to be inspired by our 

FLORAL ART CHALLENGE, 


how gorgeous are these art works by Gail Kellett, Kimmy Hogan, Katerina Pytina, Leonie Norton and Susan Pope. While all these works are Native flowers, these artists paint all sorts of flowers and we simply want you to be inspired by the idea of floral art, not strictly sticking with only native flowers.
As always, the graphics were created by the very talented Amanda Hall.

 ‘Floral Art’ Challenge.




The Kraft Plus Design Team
As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!


 This month I’ve created a back to back spread for my Travellers Notebook- I’ve photographed it outside the pocket so you can see it more easily. I was inspired by the idea of flowers... surprise!!!




Hi all! I was inspired straight away by the top left picture of gum leaves and flowers.. I found this photo of my DD and our old horse in our back paddock that has some beautiful Gum trees.. I embellished my page with die cut gum leaves and flowers.. TFL!





 ‘grow’-lucky me, the blossoms at the time around here were just divine. For the stems, I have written some inspirational quotes. The flowers were painted, stamped then fussy cut and adhered to the page. I very much enjoyed doing this month’s challenge as it was nice to be playing with bright and fun colours. TFL, Amy
 




  I saw a watercolour painting of three tulips recently and the watercolours reminded me of this gorgeous gelli-printed paper I had just made. I was really inspired to use my gelli-printed papers on this project because these sorts of colours look so great against a kraft background. Sometimes our inspiration strikes when we're least expecting it! Do you have scraps lying around that you can use to make flowers for our challenge this month?





 When I saw the new range by Kaisercraft, ‘Under the gum leaves’ I knew it was the perfect paper range for this month’s challenge.






I was inspired by the image in the top left corner and had the perfect papers and stamps from Kaszazz. I also used a butterfly which has been on my desk for ages, from a bouquet of flowers I once received! Recycling...tick







This month I was inspired by artist and scrapbooker Wilna Furstenberg. I have always loved her style and illustrations (print and cut files available from her website) - one of which I have used on my page. I have also been inspired by her techniques of using acrylic and watercolour paints on her page.





 My November page using a Kmart xmas headband as my wreath!






 I was inspired by the colours in my photo, and obviously the flowers and leaves in the graphic, and went overboard with foliage and flowers for my layout.




 

Guest Designer

This month we welcome Tracey Kelly as Guest Designer.




Hi, my name is Tracey, I live in Brisbane. I've been scrapbooking for quite a few years now, creating albums for each of my children. My style varies depending on the photo's I'm working with. My cricut machine would have to be my favourite craft tool, I really enjoy creating my own embelishments, especially flowers! I love the handmade look! I have die cut everything on the page I'm sharing with you today. Tiny crochet doily's feature on most of my work along with sequins...who doesn't love a little sparkle! Thank you so much for inviting me to be a guest designer.
 


You can find Kelly and her blog HERE.


Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the November challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips