Sunday 1 December 2019

December K+ Challenge - Ho Ho Ho Sketch!


Good morning Krafters!


Welcome to December! Seriously, where has the year gone??? Though, don’t despair, we have another year full of challenges up our sleeve for you. We look forward to sharing those with you in 2020.

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s FLORAL ART Challenge, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking very flowery and colourful! We truly do love seeing all your creations.


Unfortunately with year end, comes the end of our time with the lovely Melinda. It’s been such a joy to have her as part of the DT, her creations have delighted us each and every month. Thank you so much Melinda and huge best wishes.
 



Now, onto the December challenge. This month we wanted to keep it easy, as December is typically a little crazy, so we have... 


HO HO HO SKETCH CHALLENGE,

to get you into the Christmas spirit, though it doesn't need to be Christmas themed, as you'll see from the DT inspiration.

We’ve given you some non-traditional Christmas colours to inspire you, so hopefully a lot of the thinking has been made for you, making this an easy one to take some time-out during the silly season.
As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 Ho Ho Ho Sketch Challenge.



The Kraft Plus Design Team




I LOVE using sketches and thought that this would be the perfect page to end my time on the K+ team. This was a bit of a bitter sweet page to put together but as you can see I have stuck very closely to the sketch. I was immediately also drawn to the colours and patterns in the swatches under the sketch so have included doors/houses, snowflakes, the green from the pine leaves and the diagonal strips in all different pattern papers. And then the polka dots in gold with gold paste and lots of splatters! I have had so much fun on this team and hope to be around still to play along every now and then! Thanks so much for your support ♥♥♥





 It’s been a while since I scrapped, but with the assistance of this sketch, it wasn’t hard to get back into it...I always love a sketch to do half the thinking! I used paper from Kaisercraft Christmas range and Distress Oxide spray for my background.





I didn’t have any Christmas photos to scrap (empty nesters), so instead did a Celebration of Pregnancy page! I used the sketch loosely, but followed the star placement (with the pink & blue), & used the stitching idea as well.





Hi All.. I loved this sketch this month, and I have got photos of my Grandie to remember her first Christmas.. TFL!!





Traditionally my son decorates the Christmas tree. This first started when he was 3 and all the decorations were in a clump about a foot square! Nowdays at 6'3" he doesn't require a chair.




‘bring the magic’- for this Christmas page, I elected black, silver and green to be my non traditional colours. I struggled with this page as I don’t do many Christmas pages. Do hope that you have a lovely Christmas!






I have to say, this sketch scared me! I was worried about those busy patterned squares behind the photos and the gap between the photos. I solved them by creating leaves in boxes instead of patterned squares (this was a lot less busy) and I moved my title to the gap between the photos. I couldn't find Christmas photos that would work with this sketch so I used some fun Snapchat ones.





When I saw the colour scheme for this challenge, I knew I had a paper pad with the exact colours. And I even found a D-lish Christmas kit from 2016 with the same colour scheme which was perfect for this page.




Thought I had lost my scrapping mojo for a bit, but thanks to the sketch, and a gorgeous kit, I got there.






Hi ladies, oh my goodness does anyone else struggle with sketches like I do? I have no idea why but I find these are harder than the normal ones ?! I have been wanting to do some layered shapes for a while now. I used glue dots to give them some subtle dimension, as well as turning up the edges. I used Photoshop Elements to create my journaling and my Silhouette to cut out the stars and the title. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas xx





My December sketch


 




Guest Designer

This month we welcome, not one, but two Guest Designers to inspire you.



Please welcome Sue Schubert




Hi, I’m thrilled to be this months guest designer, the sketch was a challenge indeed, I actually used a ruler! I live on a river In a small coastal town in N.S.W, I have been scrapbooking for many years, and can’t see myself stopping any time soon.

You can find Sue and her blog here.



...and International Guest Designer



Please welcome Veronique Thuria


Thanks a lot for inviting me on your blog! During 8 years, I was a "paper" scrapper and 2 years ago I became a digital one. I live in France. I created my page with kits from NBK Design and The Committed Krafter.


Thank you so much for joining us this month ladies, it’s much appreciated.

Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the December challenge. I do hope you enjoy and find time for this month’s challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

From the Kraft+ family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips