Sunday 1 March 2020

March Kraft+ Challenge - DIY Stamps!


Hello March!


I say it each and every month, but seriously, where is the time going? And this February was longer than normal! 
Thank you to all who participated in February’s INSPIRED BY THE SEASONS CHALLENGE. It seems that Winter was the favourite season to scrapbook, with Summer close behind and then an even spread between Spring and Autumn. As always, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking fabulous!

Now, onto the March challenge.

DIY STAMPS! 


This month we want you to be inspired to create your own DIY Stamps! When I think of DIY stamps, I can’t help but think of our own Louise Nelson with her amazing stamps carved out of erasers. You can use household items, like toilet rolls, lids or literally anything else you can find around the home. You can create stamps out of fruit or vegetables, like we did at school...who remembers stamping with your own hand carved potato stamps? The possibilities are endless, as you'll see from the Design Team.
How will you create your own DIY stamp?

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 DIY Stamps Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team






I created a fun birthday layout. My DIY stamps, were lids and a tea strainer.





When I first saw this challenge, I had so many ideas running around my head. When it came to doing the challenge, I had forgotten my ideas, oops.
So on this layout, I have stamped using large bubble wrap, and varying sized paper tubes from paper rolls, glad wrap etc. Obviously the easist style of stamping when not using a stamp, lol. But it all worked well with the bubble theme.







I will admit I was a bit daunted by the challenge this month. Stamps are not something I use a whole lot of and making my own is something I rarely do. After a hunt through the house I now have a bunch of fun things to stamp with (not all used on this LO).
On this LO I stuck with some of the circular shapes I found. I used both ends of the lid from my laundry powder, the end of a wine cork (I have a few of them floating around) and the end of a battery. I love how they create texture on the background without overwhelming it.




 Firstly I drew my flowers, leaves & circles on thick box cardboard. Then I traced the illustrations as best I could with my hot glue gun. Allowed the resulting images to dry hard. Then used them as stamps.






 I have to confess, I cheated with this one...while I did use DIY stamps, they are not stamps created by me! I was a little time poor and why DIY when you have a fabulous friend who has a whole box of her own DIY stamps LOL! Thank you so much Ronnie. This talented friend has created her own foam stamps, made out of craft foam attached to foam mat blocks, the hardest thing was picking just one! As I had my gel plate out, I used it to get an even coating on the stamp, then stamped on my layout. I also used a toilet roll and paint to create the pink circles. My own DIY stamps will continue to sit on the ‘to do’ list...one day.







I’m not creative or patient enough to create my own stamps. But hey! The lateral thinking skills kicked in for this challenge... so I used a scrunched up paper bag behind the photo for texture. The edge scallops were stamped with both an egg cup base & washi tape roll!








Hi Here is my layout for DIY Stamps. I have used a very simple handmade stamp by sticking a ripped piece of corrigated cardboard onto a little container and stamped on my page by dipping the stamp into white gesso.. I then splashed and dabbed some water color paint onto the back ground to create the foundation for my layout.. TFL!





“Say cheers”- This month’s challenge really got me thinking! The idea was to create a page using DIY stamps. What a great idea this was! This allows you to roam your house and see what objects you can use on your project. For the large black circles, I used the roll from a sticky tape dispenser. And the white lines was the ending of a used up bank card. And lastly for the small circles, I used bubble wrap! To add texture I used gold modelling paste with the @kinderkreations.au stencil in Tri Nitro. Then placed a @CharmsCreations Denim, lime and teal arrow behind the title. Do look forward to seeing what you come up with this challenge. Thank you,Amy





 


I used bubble wrap and a make up sponge to make my own stamps for this layout.







I made my own background stamp, using rubber off cuts, from my bought stamps. I cut them into squares and rectangles, then glued to a piece of plastic sheet. I stamped, then embossed with some mixed media, glitter powder.





I think I took this “DIY” challenge a little too literally








Lastly, we have cards by Louise using her fabulous DIY stamps. Louise likes to keep to a simple style, leaving them ready to add a sentiment at a later date.






 
Guest Designer

Please welcome for this month...


Victoria King





I love how Victoria used a celery head to stamp her flower images...too clever!
 I’m a Kiwi and have been living in Australia for 21 years, I am passionate about dancing tango and travel, so I try to combine the 2 as often as possible and have managed to dance in many beautiful places. I discovered Kraft + about a year ago, but I always seemed to finish my layout after the end of the month, so haven’t actually posted much, but have loved having the inspiration the boards give us.
 





Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the March challenge. I do hope you enjoy it and find time for this month’s challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips