Saturday 1 February 2020

February K+ Challenge - Inspired by the Seasons


Hello February!


I swear I was only just welcoming in the New Year the other day! This year is certainly off to a speedy start...which made it especially good to see all of your CAR; LIFE IS A HIGHWAY CHALLENGE layouts. Thank you to all who participated in last month’s challenge, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking fantastic!

Now, onto the February challenge.

INSPIRED BY THE SEASONS



This month we want you to be inspired by the seasons...what colours do you associate with each season?, do you have a favourite season?

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 Seasons Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team



 I was inspired by summer, the photo was taken on Australia Day, and it was a very warm and summery day. I felt inspired by Australia Day and the blue in my top, so included blues in my layout, and some Australian postage stamps depicting the Australian flag.





 We had the fabulous opportunity to live in Ontario, Canada for 3 years - we certainly embraced living life with lots of pretty white stuff!




Whilst summer is not my favourite season, I find I am often drawn towards the colours of summer and this challenge was no different.

I love how this LO has turned out and I love this pic of my gal while at the beach huts in Brighton. TFL





Winter has always been my favourite time of year. And in the midst of a dreadful hot summer, I find I am pining for it. Living in North Western NSW we don’t often get snow close to us but a particularly wet & cold winter brought snow to the top of the famous Mount Kaputar just an hour & a half’s drive from us. Bring on Winter.




I took the word ‘seasons’ not quite so literally; this page is all about the season of life that my younger son & his wife are experiencing right now. Found the quote & the rest fell into place! PS: Nature still got a look-in with the leaf embellies:)





Hi Here is my layout for the February challenge to be inspired by Seasons...I was inspired by the seasons of life, that there is change, but through the seasons, love remains...and I have embellished my page with the four seasons summer, autumn, winter and spring...TFL!!





 Nothing says winter to me more than snow.





 ‘To find she was so perfectly alone’- I have here a photo captured on a mornings walk in the midst of winter. I have tried to capture blue hues here to set with the winter theme. Those who know me, I tend to do a lot of walking especially early mornings, my favourite time of the day. Winter might be cold, but I do find it invigorating to be in the outdoors and starting my day this way. TFL, Amy





 Autumn is my favourite season, mild days and cool nights. This photo was taken outside my classroom a few years ago, the colours looked so vivid in front of the blue sky.





 I created this page using one cut file from the Silhouette Studio store, which I then resized to do the background and embellishments. I found the perfect flair and was determined to use up some of my flair stash. I love how bright and colourful it turned out.





 I worked with the season "Summer". I also used a quadrant design, inspired by the four season pictures on the Inspiration board.




 
Guest Designer

This month we are thrilled to have 2 fabulous Guest Designers join us, please welcome...

 
Archie Fleming


I am Archie, I am a few weeks off 80 & began scrapbooking & crafting in my early seventies, inspired by my friend Raquel Manson, a regular contributor to the Kraft challenge. I think of the Four Seasons as nature's colour wheel, creating an infinite number of beautiful, but very different, images around the world, images that change every moment in time.



Kylie Gw


 I have been IRL scrapbooking for over 20 years now, but moved to digi scrapbooking about 10 years ago. I love the freedom digi gives me and I can use my photo computer skills and creativity combined. I find Kraft+ challenging and really enjoy sinking my teeth into it. I work full time and love painting (artwork). I try to make my digi scrapbooking pages look like an IRL page most of the time and rarely go to a full Photoshopped type style. I love including journalling and the story-type aspect and getting the balance of colour, textures and items just right on the page. I have been a guest designer for many different challenges and groups over the years and won many accolades. But I mainly 'scrap' to record my life, if only for me to look back on and remember things that happened or the tidbits that usually get forgotten. For my layout…Frank is a very special person to me. He and his wife were like second parents to me. I wanted to highlight the colours and feelings from the challenge example without being too literal and display the scrapbooking pages I did that included Frank over the years. I tried to include highlight items that Frank loved - movies - the film strip, his garden - the rose, and cats and all our talks together - the cat item. All those seasons we spent talking and sharing good (and sometimes bad) moments.
You can find Kylie and her blog HERE.

 Thank you to both Archie and Kylie for joining us this month :)

Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the February challenge. I do hope you enjoy and find time for this month’s challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips