Friday 1 May 2020

May Kraft+ Challenge - Paper Cuts!


Hello Krafters and welcome to May!


I hope you are all coping as best you can with the current ‘social distancing’ practice. It’s certainly a good excuse to indulge in some extra scrapping and crafting, guilt free, during this time. It’s good for the soul, which I’m sure we all need right now!
Thank you to all who participated in April’s INSPIRED BY FASHION Challenge. There is such a beautiful collection of fashion inspired creations on the K+ Facebook Community page, we can definitely call you all a bunch of ‘fashionista’s’ ;)

Before we get to the new monthly challenge, we must say a heartfelt goodbye to Gina Rodgers. While she hasn’t joined us for a while, it’s still sad to make this official. It’s been an honour to have you on the design team Gina, thank you <3


Now, onto the May challenge.

PAPER CUTS! 


 This month we want you to get your cutting skills going! We look forward to seeing where this month's challenge takes you.
As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.


 Paper Cuts Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team




I've made a card this month! My circles are die cut and my flower, sentiment and leaves stamps are fussy cut.






I used die cuts and some punches





 I had all sorts of plans for this challenge, then Covid 19 hit, they went out the window, as I didn't have the correct photo to use for my plans.
So this photo was my choice, and I stamped some houses cut them out and tucked them in around the photo to look like part of the scene. I think they worked.




Fussy cutting requires patience- not my strength! A fun layout of a fun night!








Here is my take on the fussy cutting challenge.

Anyone who knows me knows I despise fussy cutting - not because I don't love the look of it, but because I truly suck at it.

In this LO I have fussy cut an old sample of wall as I loved the quote on it. To try to make the edges look a bit better - I inked around them once I was finished.
TFL








Hi there, Happy International Scrapbooking Day fellow paper lovers. Today I’m sharing with you my fun boy layout featuring lots of paper cutting and weaving. It’s not a hard technique at all, just a little fiddly. I hope you have the opportunity to get crafty and participate in our fun challenge this month.






Paper cuts eh folks? Anyone who knows me will know I cannot STAND fussy (or fuzzy as some call it) cutting. So if I can overcome this challenge- then you can too! I fussy cut all the flowers & butterflies & felt VERY Lizzy Crust in my execution. So hats off for her inspiration...& I can’t wait to see your take on our May challenge!!!




Hi All. Here is my layout for the May challenge of paper cutting.. I cut all the embellishments by hand, except the doiley. I made the lollipop flowers by cutting circles and layering them and then adding a button to the center, I cut the leaves and I cut the banner, and I think this photo of my Grandie fits this page perfectly too!! TFL!




Just unboxed my new Silhouette Cameo. A few technical issues but YouTube was my friend. It's so addictive, I could spend all day cutting out files!





 ‘Life is sweet’- Hi everyone! This is my attempt on this month’s challenge. I have stamped and fussy cut the paper flowers here. Then layered them behind the photo of me eating a French Vanilla Slice! Do very much look forward to seeing you join in on this month’s challenge. TFL, Amy




 There are many bright sides to this lockdown and I wanted to document some of the wonderful walks I've been on - staying 1.5 metres apart of course!
I'm not a fan of fussy cutting but I did heaps for this project. I stamped flowers onto painted cardstock and cut them all out. I also cut out the leaf, the title and the banners. Phew! That's a lot of fussy cutting for me! What sort of scissor cuts will you come up with?




 For this paper cuts challenge, I cut the smaller feathers from the Kaisercraft Boho dreams collection. They definitely took me a while to cut out, but I did a few a night in front of the tv and eventually had enough for my layout.



Guest Designer

Please welcome for this month...

...Diana Bewsey


.Here I have fussy-cut out the flowers and leaves.
I am an avid scrapbooker and have been scrapping about 15yrs. I live in Qld on the Sunshine Coast and have 2 amazing grown sons. I am inspired by my family and the amazing place I live. I find scrapping a great creative outlet and love preserving memories of my family.
I have only just started doing challenges and am loving it! And I love Kraft!



Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips