Sunday 1 November 2020

November Kraft+ Challenge - A Bug's Life!

Hello Krafters and Hello November!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s

CRAZY ABOUT CHALK Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking gorgeously chalky with all your fabulous designs. We love it!

 

November challenge.

A BUG’S LIFE!

 As the title says...it’s all about bugs this month. Take inspiration from this month’s gorgeous mood board.

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 

A Bug’s Life Challenge.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 


I decided to go with butterflies for this challenge, as well as using the black & white from the illustrations on the mood board. I love how white always looks against the Kraft card stock!


 


 
Hi All! For this months challenge I was inspired by these old Kaisercraft Papers Jungle Bug and thought they would go well with a photo of my Son when he was a little boy! I think he is "as cute as a bug" TFL!!

 

 



Hi Krafters. I started with a collage of tissue and book papers and then some swipes of gesso. I stamped some butterflies & a couple of flys and then scribbled on some gelatos which I spread with a wet brush. More gesso on some chippies and some butterflies. TFL.



“Hey good looking use your wings!“- I captured this photo of Samuel with a Cicada shell placed on his shoulder. EEKKKK. I hand drawn some mini black ants for my border. Keeping with the bug theme, I stamped some insect like creatures over my green bat stenciled background. Lastly, I spattered the background with Roadbased ink from Bee Arty then hand drawn the tiny legs, trying to achieve baby spiders. It was fun creating this {it’s a bug life} challenge. TFL, Amy




I love using butterflies on my projects so they were an obvious 'bug' to choose. I like to express emotions and thoughts in my art journal pages so I used the butterflies to create the impression of the figure opening her mind which worked perfectly with the quote. Everything on this page except the paint and some scrap papers are images from my new business, ArtStacks. I'm so excited to use them for Kraft+!

 

 


I created an Art Journal page for this prompt. A great opportunity to use my new bug stamp and new stencils. I love bees, so had to throw some of them in there too.

 

 

November 'A Bug's Life' Challenge


 

 


I guess I was inspired by the whole theme of bugs, so created a layout based on this photo, of my husband and my nephew, pretending to use binoculars to see things. Were they looking for bugs? Who knows, but it seemed appropriate to think they were, lol. I had some old alphabet paper so cut the bug pictures from that, and add that to the layout, along with a bit of bug stamping. A butterfly flair finished it off.

 

 

 Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

Rachel Dutko

 

Hi! I'm Rachel and I live in Adelaide with my husband and our 2 young boys. I've been scrapbooking for about 6 years, and am really inspired by the amazing online crafting community. I really like using mixed media, texture, and learning new techniques. You can find me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/rachel_dutko/. I am so excited to be joining Kraft+ this month as Guest Designer, thanks for having me! I created my piece on a circular piece of cardboard and added many layers of book paper, Distress Oxides, stamping and a honeycomb cut file from Cut To You to the background. I added some little creatures from a Mintay Papers fussy cutting booklet. I fussy cut the Kraft flowers from some Uniquely Creative packaging and I've also used some chipboard pieces.

 

 Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips