Thursday 1 April 2021

April Kraft+ Challenge - Inspired by Symmetry

 

Hello Krafters and welcome to April!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s

TORN PAPER Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking absolutely amazing with all your torn creations! It was certainly a popular one, which was so wonderful to see.

 

 

April challenge.


 
This month it’s all about symmetry...use inspiration from this month's mood board.

 

Inspired by Symmetry Challenge.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

My April page... to create the symmetry - I marked half way on my piece of Kraft. On one half I inked through the stencil. On the other side, I traced the stencil design with a thin black pen and then used the same ink to paint in the negative space.




Wow, this challenge had me thinking. It is a great challenge, and it just requires a little thinking outside the square.
When I researched symmetry in art, the definition was "when the elements of a painting or drawing balance each other out. This could be the objects themselves, but it can also relate to colors and other compositional techniques".
This definition gave me more scope for my design. I felt my photo actually had some symmetry already, so I worked from there. I created a square of 9 black and white squares for the background. I balanced this with some stamping on the corners and some drawn lines. I also have balanced the colours to ensure they are complimenting each other.
Butterflies are also quite symmetrical to the eye, I am sure in nature they are not completely symmetrical, but I felt that adding them, added a bit more symmetry.


 

 


I have to confess, I struggled with the idea of symmetry, I couldn’t get past the idea of a butterfly. Then there was the new release from Tim Holtz with that gorgeous ‘perspective butterfly’...so of course, I had to buy it and use it for this challenge ;)

 

 


I tend to want to do the opposite to what I’m told (anyone else want to touch that bench with the ‘wet paint don’t touch’ sign?!). So I decided to do what I call ‘interrupted (or disruptive) symmetry. So even though there is a mirrored effect, it’s not quite perfect... on purpose, LOL!

 


 


HI, Here is my layout for the April challenge to be inspired by Symmetry. Symmetry to me is like 'mirror image' so I have rotated one of the photos to be a mirror image of the other photo. I have also embellished my page with elements that have a symmetry that balances my layout.. TFL!!

 




I really struggled this month with symmetry. I started, put it aside, started again, put it aside - you get the picture! The subtitle for this LO is perseverance!


 

 


 Hello Everyone! Popping in with my take on this month’s symmetrical challenge. I have used various Bee Arty Colour Inks on the love heart creating a colourful and symmetrical effect. Keeping with the Kraft theme, I have created this on a Kraft Paper bag. Something different. TFL,Amy

 




My symmetry is the four rectangles which are toughly symmetrical whether they're on a horizontal or vertical axis.
Red and kraft is one of my favourite combos and the poppies paper from ArtStacks was perfect for this

 


 

 

I am a bit time poor currently, so it's another card from me!
I have stamped a symmetrical background in different colours, using various stamps. I also stamped and watercoloured the large butterfly, with Ecoline brush markers.

 


 


 
For this LO I cut out a butterfly from the Silhouette store and used it as a mask - spraying an old Huey's spray ink. I then added some shading with a black Faber Castell gelato, and some pattern with this gorgeous floral stamp from Cocoa Vanilla More Than Words collection. I also used some old washi and alphas. I love using up old supplies!

 

 

 

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

 

Delsie Daydreams


 ‘It was such a pleasure to be asked to guest design this month. The colour palette and mood design was way outside my normal comfort zone so I decided to keep things fairly clean and simple. Along with the colors I’ve tried to focus on the symmetry of the pictures ... I actually utilized the small cutouts from the diecut to create the other patterned focals. I’ve used a lovely piece of Graphic 45 Kraft pattern for the background and of course it wouldn’t be mine if there wasn’t some added bling. I hope you like it ... Delsie xx’

 

 

 ***

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips