Saturday 1 May 2021

May Kraft+ Challenge - Focus on Faces

 

Hello Krafters and hello May!

 

This month we have a treat for you! For the month of May, we have joined with ‘More Than Words’ blog to create one challenge that you can enter both challenge sites with. Two for one!

On top of that, we have...not one, but two Guest Designers joining us!

 

 Thank you to all who joined us last month with our SYMMETRY Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking absolutely fabulous with all your symmetrical creations.

 

 

May challenge.

 


This month we want you to FOCUS ON FACES.

 

FOCUS ON FACES.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 


Funny faces, old supplies, new supplies, had fun


 


I found this to be a tricky challenge, I didn't want to just use a photo with faces. Then I found these face stamps in my stash, and thought I would make some cards with them. So basically it was the graphics of the faces that inspired me.


 


May Challenge.


 

 

 I certainly embraced the ‘face’ with this art journal page, using loads of Dina Wakley products.

 




Hey there! Our May challenge is a beauty, I think. My focus on faces is the faces of my 3 gorgeous grand boys, now living in Vietnam. I've journaled about how the eyes are the window to our souls - it's a bit hard to read, but I wanted to sort of write a note to them about who I see them becoming. ANYWAYS - there is so much you can do with this challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing YOUR take on it!


 

 


 We had a holiday at the Sunshine Coast in January and came across this fabulous mural and of course I had to get a photo for this challenge. What funky and fun faces on this wall! This was my inspiration for this months Faces challenge..

 



I did something I rarely do - reworked a LO from about 15 years ago using the same title and most of the same photos. Will put them side by side in an album just to see the change in style.


 

 

 Funny Faces it is for me! Took some quirky selfies whilst goofing around with the phone. We look forward to seeing your take on this months Faces challenges.


 

 

 The word FACES made me think of the different faces that we wear during our lives. This led to think about the different 'hats' we wear.
I seem to be switching from one hat to another a lot lately and sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. I feel like it's a mystery which hat I'm going to be wearing from one hour to the next.
With this in mind I made a tongue-in-cheek board game - spin the spinner and see which hat to wear next!
This was a great way to use up paper scraps and leftover alphas. I printed an assortment of hats and typed the names of some of the 'hats' I wear on them. The spinner is an arrow and the face is one from ArtStacks.


 


 

 

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

 

...Debra Beer

 

Thank you. Here is some info about the photo in my layout. The Bent Knee Cafe is in the small town of Denman in the Hunter Valley NSW. We met up with my daughter and the 3 eldest grandkids ,and of course coffee and milkshakes were a must have. We found this quaint Cafe called the Bent Knee Cafe. I saw the sign which really appealed to me, so I took this photo. A few days later when thinking about the challenge, I thought I have just the perfect photo, alas my layout came together beautifully.


and

 


 …Michelle Jamieson

 


 I was very excited to be asked to be a Guest Designer this month. I found a great photo to use for Focus on faces, which had approximately 16 lovely faces in this pic. I had to use a clock face embellishment to go with the challenge too. I found some very old Amy Tan “Stitched” collection in my stash and thought that was appropriate for this page. I love using washi tape on my layouts and it wouldn’t be a layout of mine without my signature doodled border and paint spots.

 

***

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 Don't forget to pop over to the 'More Than Words' challenge Facebook site and HERE for their blog post to see the incredible inspiration from their team.



That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips