Tuesday 1 November 2022

November Kraft+ Challenge - Inspired by Song Lyrics

 

Good morning Krafters!

 

 

Thank you to all who joined us with last month’s TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE. It was brilliant to see all your different creations. As always, the FB Community gallery looks fabulous!

 

November challenge.

 

“You are what you listen to!”


 

This month we want you to be INSPIRED BY SONG LYRICS. Pick a song that is meaningful to you, works with your photos or whatever, just let the song inspire you.

Have fun!

 

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


I wanted to document Mum and my weekly tradition of morning tea - so naturally the lyrics of the 'Tea for Two' song came to mind!

 

 

 


November challenge

 

 

 

 


I used a Queen song called "Spread Your Wings" for this art journal page. I thought it was perfect to go with my vintage woman, wings and butterflies from ArtStacks.
There are so many options for this challenge!

 


 


Last month marked 30 years since my father died, so he’s been very much on my mind of late. This page is a tribute to him and our days driving up north. The music of Jackson Browne reminds me of those days and especially the song “Running on empty” which works perfectly with car travel. This lead me to this fabulous figure from ArtStacks...actually everything is from the ArtStacks range, haha guess who hasn’t cleaned up since doing her DT pages for them! Ever since seeing Dina Wakley’s latest release, I’ve been obsessed with transparencies, so I printed the lyrics of ‘running on empty’ and attached it to the background of my page.

 


 

 


It's another Art Journal page for me this month. I love John Farnham and all his music and have been thinking about him alot, as he's unwell currently.
I took a few verses and the chorus to 'That's Freedom', and journaled them on my page.

 

 

 

This photo of my grandson reaching out as if connecting with the rainbow, reminded me of the Kermit the Frog song, The Rainbow Connection.

Someday We'll Find The Rainbow Connection 

The Lovers The Dreamers and Me.


 

 


I rarely listen to anything other than classical music so lyrics are not my thing and I had to think outside the box. There is an instrumental in Stranger Things (Del's favourite show) entitled Rats (Del's favourite pets) so it all came together with a quote from the show as my title.


 

 

 


HI.. For this months challenge to be inspired by song lyrics, I have been inspired by the lyrics of an Elton John song "Baby's got blue eyes" as my Grandson has the most blue blue eyes! As the song goes "like a deep blue sea on a blue blue day!" I have stenciled some music on the back ground too! Such a great challenge again this month!


 

 

 


November - inspired by song lyrics.... I kept singing "My girl" when I looked at these photos of our dear Lulu, who we lost last month. I used the song and song lyrics as inspiration for this page.

 

 

 

 

 Guest Designer

This month please welcome,

 

Kathy Sonnier McElfresh

 

Now let’s be honest, this lady should be called the ‘Kraft+ Queen!’..with some months, participating 3 or 4 times. This is what she had to say about her layout...

 


Hi, I’ve done my page inspired by a line in a Jimmy Buffett song called Twelve Volt Man : “…ask for some palm trees and tales of the South Seas and I just might turn your head”. The photo was taken years after that song got stuck in my head when we visited Fafa Island in The Republic of Tonga. It’s a special memory because the Boxed Set of 4 CDs was a surprise gift from my late hubby and the trip was how he made those dreams come true. I used lighter shades of Distress Oxides to create a shadowy look around the beachy masks — a striking look against the kraft background! The rest are bits from my (extensive!) beachy stash.

 

 

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips