Monday 1 May 2023

May 2023 Kraft+ Challenge - Words to live by!

 

Hello Krafters!

Welcome to May.

 

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last month’s K+ INSPIRED BY LISA OXLEY CHALLENGE. I loved all the colour and fun creations. Thank you again to Lisa for inspiring us. The FB Community gallery looks absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for the support everyone.

 

 

May challenge.


 

‘WORDS TO LIVE BY’ CHALLENGE

or ‘Quote’ Challenge. Is there a favourite quote or words that you like to live by, or aspire to live by?  

This month’s challenge is super easy with the addition of some ‘inspiring’ words, quotes on your page.

 

 

 Creative Inspiration

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


May 2023

 

 

 

 


 
A bit of a through back page with no mixed media. Couldn't wait for drying time as packing to go to Vietnam! Certainly these are my words to live by.

 

 

 

 




For this month’s challenge to use inspirational words on your creation, I found this photo of my Grand daughter ready to start Prep, so I thought this quote from Christopher Robin (Winnie the Pooh) was very appropriate for her.. and for all of us too I think!


 



I’ve used one of the quotes from the inspiration board, & made it a feature of my page.

 

 



Vintage themed layout of my daughters paternal grandparents who passed recently

 

 

 

I had so many quote options for this challenge that I found it hard to choose! I decided to use a photo of some sunflowers that I took on a recent holiday and chose a quote from ArtStacks to suit. I used a digital file and printed the quote straight onto my page.
Will you join in this month?


 

 

 

 


I completed this page at retreat recently. I had been so inspired by Rachel Martin’s (who is currently one of the Guest Designers) art journal page from the previous month (February), that I simply had to copy the stencil idea (face stencilled onto quote paper). Essentially I was just playing at retreat, it wasn’t till I was finished that I realised this was perfect for this month’s challenge. The paper is from Dina’s Ledger paper, so there is a load of positive quotes on there, but I’ve underlined “Don’t let the criticism go to your heart”...Ok, so not the most positive, uplifting quote, but it spoke to me at the time and certainly words to live by for me! It’s been a rough start to the year! I’ve also used the ‘Flutterby’ stencil in the background, which if full of positive words.


 



It's another art journal page from me this month! I have many favourite quotes and this one is right up there..."Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave the trail!"

 

 

 

Guest Designer

 

I am totally honoured and thrilled to say we have 3 fabulous Guest Designers this month! We had such a huge month for the ‘Golden Hour’ Challenge, it was impossible to choose only 1...the K+ Community is a talented bunch, so why not 3!

Thank you so much ladies, I truly do appreciate your support and sharing your gorgeous creations with us.

So for this month we have...

...Kathy Gauci

 

Now Kathy sent me 2 layouts for this challenge, LOL and again, how could I choose just 1! Much appreciated Kathy J


 “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters”


 “Play hard or go home”

 

...Rachel Martin

 


You have to dare to think positively about yourself. Dare to love yourself. Knowing how to appreciate all the shades of color that compose it. You are fabulous. Yes you are. Remember that on the darkest days.

And last, but not least...

...Kylie Gw (Waldon)

 

 About the page:

"I thought about quotes I live my - there are quite a few, but May The Force Be With You is one so ingrained in me that I thought that would be what I would create this digi layout page about. The Jedi I did get online - a child's costume outfit, and then edited it a little to fit my head into! You can do this with digital layouts! Then I wrote out all the things that Star Wars series has meant to me over the years and how it spilt out into my day to day life. I used splashes of black and green (the colour of the Jedi light sabres) and red (the colour of the dark side light sabres).  I used Autumn Leaves swirls, L Grier Disaster Space paint splatters (my favourite!), and a few from Cilenia Curtis Artbox collection and the flower looking graphic is from Lindsay Jane Color My World."

 

About me:

"Now 50+, I still really enjoy scrapbooking digitally and design all my birthday cards for family members, Easter cards and Christmas cards that way, as well as a few requests like 90th birthdays or 50+ wedding anniversaries - utilising old photographs and modern ones. But working full time tugs time away from craft projects, so I do fewer pages these days and more IRL art. However, during COVID I created pages and made up little booklets once a month for my elderly relatives who were cut off and this really brightened their time with bright colours and kept them up to date with what I was up to."

 

 

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips