Friday 1 March 2019

Hello March - Metallics and Jewels!


Hello Krafters!


February is a super short month, and it vanished in a blink of the eye! We truly appreciate all who participated in our “book inspired” challenge, the Facebook K+ Community page is looking fabulous!

It’s with great pleasure to introduce our newest Design Team member, Tamara McMahon! Please make her feel welcome...

 Tamara joined us a couple of months ago as a Guest Designer and has been a regular participant for several months before and after.


Now, how about we get onto this month’s sparkling “jewellery box” challenge...we want to see all that sparkles and shine with
METALLICS AND JEWELS!




The Kraft Plus Design Team

As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!




Kicking off the month with our newest Designer, welcome Tamara!



My metallics page for march



  On my layout, I have used a chipboard corner, which I covered in silver paint. I then added metal with some metal pieces and also silver glitter title. For the jewels, I have used jewel brads, and some beaded flowers, that I took the brad centre out of. I also added a small jewel piece that was from a pair of earrings




Hidden Gems
 



My take on this month's 'metallic and jewels' challenge. I created my background using the gel plate...it's so delicous in real life, even if I do say so myself, though it's really hard to photograph.




Hey there! I’m sure we all love a bit of bling. Since I had a bling story, that’s more personal to me, I decided to do a traveller’s notebook spread. Kraft card stock is too thick for these booklets, so this time I used wrapping paper! It was a bit wrinkly, but this added some texture *winks*!!! I photographed it before adding to my TN, to keep it flat, but will add more photos on my blog post! So get out those rhinestones, glitter or Pearl Drops & start creating!!!



I did a page in my little Kraft Art Journal again this month, just love how quick I can throw something together in it. I scrapped a bling tag that I have had in my stash for quite a few years. One of my first purchases on Etsy



Hi. Here is my layout for March. I have used a broken necklace, some metal embellishments and a hint of bling in the flower centres. TFL!







  “Be Brave, Be Strong”



 One of the things I know about myself is that I'm always thinking of the next 5 things I have to do. A visit to the Buddhist temples at Wat Chalong reminded me to do as Buddha said, "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"



My take on the March Metallic Challenge. I used lots of bits and pieces from my stash. Each piece is threaded onto a piece of wire to make a banner. A simple card that can be used for any occasion..



Guest Designer





Hello All, My name is Maureen Wood and was excited when asked to be a Guest Designer for March, as i have never done anything like this before.
When i saw the brief it was hard to decide if i do one of our son's  wedding photo's or our granddaughter graduation photos. Graduation won out .
What i wanted to achieve is a frame within a frame with lots of gems around the main frame and a cluster of flowers at the bottom of the outside frame.  I took my inspiration from a frame i recently saw, which was a frame within a frame and a cluster of flowers along the bottom of the outside.  ( A very old frame from 1900's
 I have been crafting for many years but when I retired 2 years ago I try to spend a couple of hours a day  at my craft table but I do hate mess so not a big fan of mixed media
I hope you like my layout . Further details  and photos of my flower clusters can be found on my blog: http://maudspapercreations.blogspot.com/


 Thank you kindly for joining us this month Maureen, it's been a pleasure.



We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone that is not on Facebook can email us their creations and if you have a blog, send us a link so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the March challenge. we do hope you enjoy this month's METALLICS AND JEWELS challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips