Wednesday 1 April 2020

April Kraft+ Challenge - Inspired by Fashion!


Hello April!

 How things have changed in a month! What a strange new world we are living in! I hope everyone is staying healthy and sane during these crazy times. For those of us that are self-isolating, it’s certainly great to have these challenges to keep us busy and distracted. Those who are still working in essential services...thank you!, this too is a great escape from day to day reality.

Thank you to all who participated in March’s DIY STAMP CHALLENGE. What a clever collection of stamp ideas, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking so stamp-fabulous!


Now, onto the April challenge.



INSPIRED BY FASHION! 

This month, be inspired by Fashion....take inspiration from the mood board, share with us your favourite shoes or clothing, or anything ‘fashion’ inspired.

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.


 Inspired by Fashion Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team



Who doesn’t love a good op shop find?? This page is all about the dress, and little miss who made it look good.





This month’s ‘fashion’ layout.






As soon as I saw the graphic for this challenge, I instantly knew which photo I was scrapping. Taken from an exhibition in Melbourne City last year, I snapped this photo of Audrey Hepburn - who epitomised style and fashion. I found a quote by her saying she loved pink, and so obviously pink on the layout, but also because it was in the graphic. The quote I have included on my layout is one of hers, "Elegance is the only beauty that never fades". This lady was full of elegance, beauty and always stylish and fashionable. I love how this layout turned out.





 I found this old pic of my mum in the 70s wearing this very cool outfit. I ended up taking inspiration from her T-shirt and the fashion at the time, which included bright coloured flowers.

I love using primary colours on any LO and did not know how great they looked on Kraft until now. TFL.






Here’s my take on this months FASHION challenge. This is a collage of photos of my Nan from a couple of different periods of her life. She was an incredibly stylish and well dressed lady.





I just adored our April mood board the moment I saw it. I’ve taken the gold, bling & pearls & scattered them around the page. I kept a focus on the pink colours & used the stack of books, stacking up washi instead! I hope you can get your Fashion Feels on & join our current challenge!!!





 Hi All! I was inspired by this months board by the colors of black and pink and also by beauty.. Audrey Hepburn is classic beauty and femininity, so I have created a layout using a photo of two of my daughters who I think are so beautiful.. and added lots of pink flowers with a hint of black.. TFL!!






Fashion is not really my thing but as soon as I saw this moodboard I knew exactly what photo I would use - Theo as a model! I started by brayering on some red paint and then covered it with some clear crackle paste. I found some chipboard dresses in my stash (thought I'd never use those!) which I painted pink in a nod to the moodboard. The chipboard head and Eiffel Tower were from a challenge at one of Cindy Porter's retreats but I swapped out the pink bow for a blue one to allow the blue to drag you eye across the page.








“You had me at Woof”-Hello there Kraftplus fans. Here is a simple 9x12inch page with a photo of Luigi. It was captured after he had his coat groomed with our local groomer, Andy. She does an amazing job with the furry friends that come into her parlour. As you can see, Luigi is wearing a cravat. A great fashion trend to follow after the one and only Matt Preston from Masterchef. We look forward to seeing your attempt on this months fashion challenge. TFL,Amy&Luigi.🐶





 My page for April






I had this picture of Audrey Hepburn already cut out of a fashion book, and decided to use the other ‘ladies’ behind her for this fashion theme page. I have used the quote from the inspiration board and added some bling too. Something very different for me this time!




I've created an art journal page, inspired by this month's graphic and theme. There was a time when my entire wardrobe consisted of black! I still love to wear black, but have a few other colours in the mix now too! Hope you are all staying safe and have time to play along this month




Guest Designer

Please welcome for this month...

 Sarah Hemmings



Hi everyone, my name is Sarah Hemmings and I live on a dry land cropping farm on the outskirts of Dalby, Queensland with my husband and our two farm-loving, sports-mad sons. I am also a high school teacher. I am slowly returning to scrapbooking after it has taken a backseat due to the multitude of sports the boys participate in as well as work commitments over the past two years. My break away has also meant that all of my scrappy social media links are a thing of the past. For my take on this month’s challenge, I choose to focus on the pink tones in the mood board. I rarely scrap photos of myself - this one dates back to 2017, but for some reason it jumped out at me as soon as I saw the challenge. I look forward to seeing what everyone creates this month.

 Thank you so much Sarah, for joining us this month, it's much appreciated :)



Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips