Tuesday 1 September 2020

September Kraft+ Challenge - Go Geometric

 Hello Krafters and welcome to September...AND Spring!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s ORANGE, TEAL AND COPPER Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking gorgeous! I certainly do love that colour combo.

 

     September challenge.

GO GEOMETRIC CHALLENGE!

For this month...GO GEOMETRIC, taking inspiration from this month’s fabulous mood board.

 


 

 As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 

Go Geometric Challenge.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

 

 

I must admit I struggled with this one. In the end I went with lots of stitching and not much else!

 



# chalk the walk - for this month’s geometric challenge, I have used this photo of the chalk art done by my nieces and nephew outside their place sent to me by my sister. This was done during the early stages of the Coronavirus pandemic. The idea of the chalk messages and drawings on the streets was to bring hope during these lonely and worrying times. Take care, Amy

 

 

 

 
I really enjoyed this challenge. Geometrics lend themselves to using up paper scraps so that's what I did for this one. I love the way that kraft makes colours pop and the geometric shapes seem to add to this. I hope you can join us this month

 

 


For this geometric challenge, I painted my background using the masking tape technique to create the shapes. I have cut lots of triangles from some old Basic grey paper that I had in my stash. The title, So brave refers to my daughter’s first time on a roller coaster (you might not be able to see that properly in the photo), she was only 8 at the time.

 

 


 
I really loved the inspo for this month, and wanted to do something really cool with a geometric pattern. It didn't look right so I abandoned that idea and moved my little diamonds around until I was happy with it. This month's inspiration has so many possibilities...

 


 

I was inspired by the arrows, triangles and blue in the graphics to create this layout, which all appear here. Due to the nature of the photos, with the boys playing with Meccano, I have included some cogs.


 

 

Upon seeing this challenge I freaked out a bit - I was not sure what to do with it at all. In the end I was inspired by an advert with pyramid like things in it that kept popping up on my feed.

My final LO looks nothing at all remotely like the original advert but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by.



 

 

Weekend Escape


 

 

 

When I saw this challenge, I immediately thought of using the Dina Wakley gridded face stamp and while I didn’t use it, I drew inspiration from it. This layout is about my daughter who is chasing her dreams of being a ‘make up’ artist.

 

 

 


I’m addicted to Washi- so I’ve used that to create a geometric background for this challenge!

 


 

Hi! When I first thought about having a "Geometric" challenge, I thought of Geometry/School and so that is what I went with! I did pop some arrows and use some triangle elements off the mood board on my layout too.. TFL!!

 

 


 

 


 

 

 Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

 


Lisa Johnston


Here is my page for the September Guest Designer Spot. I have painted a cut file from Cut to You and raided my stash of legendary from Cocoa Vanilla. The Graphic reminded me of the geometric bear diecuts in the collection.
Thank you for inviting me to play along this month

 

 

Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips