Friday 1 April 2022

April Kraft+ Challenge - Banksy Inspired

 

Hello Krafters!

 

 A pinch and a punch for the 1st of the month! May you not fall for any trickery this morning!

 

A big thank you to everyone who joined us with last month’s   FRAMED Challenge, there was such a variety of frames used!

 

April challenge.

 

BANKSY INSPIRED

 

This month we want to you to take inspiration from street artist, Banksy! Take inspiration from this months mood board, or any of Banksy’s work.

 

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

 My layout for Banksy. when i saw this photo of my grandson I knew it would be perfect for a Banksy inspired layout. I thought a graffiti wall would fit the theme , I fussy cut 2 photos and added the balloons to look as though he was holding them.

 




 


 



I was inspired by the little girl and the balloon, so I edited my photo to add some balloons and then used black and white colors for my layout..


 

 



 Here is my "Banksy" inspired page. I created a black silhouette to mimic my daughter's dance pose. I could not bring the red into the page, instead using blue, with hearts on strings.

 

 



Hello April & our Banksy inspired challenge! I’ve gone with a card for a change! Straight away I thought of BRICKS- so here we have a very close take on the bottom Left image of the heart balloon girl! Don’t forget you can do other projects for our challenges - not just layouts!


 



Banksy inspired

 


 



 I don't usually get political in my artwork but Banksy's artwork often makes a social statement and I think a huge social issue at the moment is the invasion of the Ukraine.

Banksy often paints figures in black and white so I found a photo of Putin and digitally altered it to look like it's painted. I added a quote by the Ukrainian president (I altered the quote slightly from the original) which I think sums up the ridiculous reasons Putin has come up with to justify this war.
Banksy often adds splashes of colour, particularly red, so I used this to symbolise the casualties of war.


 

 


 
This challenge was really interesting! I've learned about Banksy, seen lots of different images of art that may or may not be Banksy and appreciated the various political points. I hope to see you 'take the shot' on this challenge.

 

Guest Designer

This month please welcome,

 

Ronda Ivens

 Here you go! I chose Bansky’s “season’s greetings” to inspire my layout

 


 My name is Ronda and I live in Northern Canada. I have been scrapbooking for almost 20 years and it is such a great craft because we have long cold winters, however I still find time to play with paper during summer too! This challenge got me using some of my stencils but I really embraced choosing an actual piece of Banksy Art to inspire my entire layout. I hope this months challenge stretches you to try something new! You can find me on Instagram @travelling_with_gonefishing

 

 

& Amanda Moran

 


 Thanks for the invite to be the April Guest Designer. I love a good challenge and after googling ‘Banksy Art’ for additional inspiration I knew I’d be using a photo from our pre-COVID trip to Melbourne’s Hosier Lane with a focus on black and red and Kraft (of course) for this layout. I hope you have fun giving this months challenge a whirl - I know I did!

 

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Thank you both for joining us this month!

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips