Thursday 1 November 2018

November Challenge! 'Mosaic'

Hello Krafters and hello November! 

Last month seriously flashed past fast! Though the best thing about a new month, is we get to share a fabulous new challenge with you all, but firstly, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated in our 'Friends' challenge. It was so heartwarming to see all those special friendships in all their different forms :-)

This month's challenge is "MOSAIC"...on the tiles.
 


We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journaling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!
You can share your K+ creations with us either in our 
Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group
OR via the inlinkz tool in the sidebar 


The Kraft Plus Design Team



When I saw this cut file it immediately made me think I could use it for this challenge and I love how it came together!


 I had some beautiful mosaic paper from Kaisercraft that was perfect for this challenge! I made a repeated pattern of stacked squares and alternated placing photos and mosaic tiles on them. These lionfish were simply amazing and swimming with them was such a special experience.

 My take on the Mosaic Challenge. A really quick and simple card with a mosaic pattern printed onto Kraft.


 I created my own mosiac wave, with small squares of paper. I white washed it and added a bit of colour! Nice challenge! Thanks!



  I was inspired by the mosaic tiles on the floor, so tried to replicate that in my background. I also had some little chipboard diamonds, so added these to the white diamonds.


  I altered a Silhouette cut file to create the background tiles, then added some white pastel to help create more dimension. I also cut up one of my photos (of the mosaic wall) and used bits of it in a few different ways to add a bit of detail to the page. I'm really happy with how the patterned paper works with the photo.


 When I saw this stencil by Stencil Girl, I knew I had to buy it, purely for this challenge! I had an idea in my head using the gel plate, but haha those videos on 'You Tube' make it look easier than it is...well, for me anyway! I still love the results and it was certainly had fun creating this one.


 My mosaic page. Heather and I used the same papers!
I decided to do a Traveller’s Notebook spread - but didn’t want to use Kraft cardstock as it’s too bulky. So made my own using copy paper & Tim Holtz ‘Twigs’ ink! Created the mosaic bg with a stencil as a base, & kept tweaking it to work with the flower photo! The journaling is all about my bucket wish list to experience seeing these Italian wildflowers in real life!


My Mosaic challenge. Memories of my former home, Port Douglas, FNQ. I've gone with an 8.5 x 11" format for a nice change ! 


 Hi Here is my layout for the Mosaic challenge.. I have used two types of mosaic, the stencil and the collage in the circle element... TFL!!


 'Vroom Vroom' is my fun take on this month's Mosaic Challenge. With thanks, Amy

How gorgeous are all these creations by the Design Team, I'm left with a smile on my face after completing the blog post...it simply makes me happy!

As of next month, we are bringing back our Guest Designer! We already have our 1st one line up and we are looking forward to introducing her in December. Each month we are on the look out for creations that catch our eye...will it be you? To be in for a chance, all you have to do is participate in the monthly challenge, by entering your layout, card, tag, etc., on the Facebook Community page. Hopefully you'll be excited to join us!

Thank you again, to all who joined us last month! We look forward to seeing what you come up with for this one. 

Happy Krafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips