Saturday 1 December 2018

December Challenge...Needles and Pins

Hello Krafters!

Welcome to a new monthly challenge, our final for 2018!

 

This month we want you thinking about NEEDLES AND PINS.

 




Once again, Amanda Hall has done a wonderful job with our inspiration graphics! We'd seriously be lost without her.


Here's where the challenge took the Design Team...



  Hello! I used "Needles and Pins" in a few ways on this layout. I stitched the title with my sewing machine, which was challenging but fun, and I stitched a decorative border around the page. I also used a pin on the body of my butterfly.



adding a hand stitched frame to the photo and some perforated paper designed for hand stitching



Hi Krafters, a fun and fabulous challenge for the month of December. I couldn't go past creating a Christmas Card. I have stitched the background with my sewing machine and used a needle to thread and sew the buttons on.



 Machine stitching for my December page with this funny little face!


I have machine stitched on my layout, giving a frame around the photo and photo matting. I also stitched on the Charms Creations charms, the banners and the tag in the bottom L corner.


 'Needles and Pins' made me think of my daughter and her tattoo...this is the girl who will pass out at the mere discussion of needles! Haha I used to laugh when she spoke about getting a tattoo, but this just goes to prove you can overcome anything if you really want it! I've also machine stitched my page, using a Dina Wakley stencil as my template and included a leaf pin in my flower cluster.


 This month I felt like doing some cards - and did a bit of crazy and not so crazy stitching on them! I could have hand stitch - but don’t have the patience. Do YOU? Would love to see your take on our current ‘needles and pins’ challenge!


 Hi Here is my layout for the Needles and Pins challenge.. I have done some hand and machine sewing as well as used a stitching stamp and I found some decorative pins which are on my layout too.. TFL!!


Merry Christmas card with stitched tag.


 Hi all! I have die-cut the felt embellishments and hand sewn the buttons and the hearts together! TFL Amy


 I’ve sketched out the basic shapes with a lead pencil and then using my sewing machine added sewing to them all for a fun textured look. Finished off with some tiny word stickers and splatters!



This month we are very excited to re-introduce our Monthly Guest Designer and are thrillled to introduce...


Tamara McMahon




   Hi, my name is Tamara McMahon and I’m pretty new to the Kraft+ Community. I have only created two monthly challenges before and have then been lucky enough to be a Guest Designer! My project for this month was “needles and pins” which literally transpired to “sewing” for me with a few different types on my Scrapbooking layout. Firstly, the border is done using a straight stitch on the sewing machine then zig zag stitch has been used to secure the paper strips to the page. There are also some black embroidered hearts, hand sewn sequins and loose, messy cotton. To complete the layout, I have used a star embellishment featuring sewing (Charms Creations) and a yellow safety pin. I had so much fun creating this layout, be sure to play along this month with some sewing on your page and before you know it, you will be addicted!

Thank you so much for joining us Tamara, it was a pleasure to have you join us :-)


How fabulous are all these creations...I love each and every one of them! I do hope they inspire you to give this month's challenge a go. Please remember to share with us here through the linky or on the Facebook Community page. We are also on Instagam for any Instagramers out there, just tag us @kraftpluschallenges so we can see it.


Have fun with this challenge!


Merry Christmas and wishing all our Krafters a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips