Tuesday 1 January 2019

January 2019...Inspired by Indigenous Art!


Hello Krafters!

Happy New Year and welcome to 2019!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a lovely start to the New Year, however you celebrated it.
We are looking forward to a new year of challenges and inspiration, here at Kraft Plus! We do hope we can inspire you to join us!

Firstly, it’s with great sadness, that we say goodbye to...



We sincerely thank Agnus for her creativity and support during her time with us and wish her all the very best...it’s been a pleasure, you will be missed xo

On a happier note, it’s with great excitement and pleasure to introduce a new addition to the team...please make her feel welcome...

It's fabulous to have Tracey join the team, I'm a huge fan of her work and have been lucky enough to gawk over her shoulder at retreat and see her creations in real life...wow!

Now, onto this month’s very colourful challenge...


 This month we would like you to be inspired by INDIGENOUS ART. I hope you are inspired by these pieces from Raelene Stevens, Sally Clark, Tammy Mathews & Deborah Bonar.
As always, our stunning graphics was created by our one and only, Amanda Hall.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us either in our
OR via the inlinkz tool in the sidebar


The Kraft Plus Design Team







A simple card with an Indigenous inspired pattern.



 My January challenge page



I have to confess, this layout was started and completed yesterday afternoon, so please don't get overwhelmed by this month's challenge. I've used a stencil and 3 paint colours to match my sunrise photo. I then added a few dots around a couple of the circles with 'posca pens'...super simple!




For this fabulous challenge I took inspiration from the wave-like pattern, top middle, & then remembered I had these photos from my son’s 30th. Voilà! Dots & waves! I hope this month’s challenge inspires YOU to get scrappy too😊



Had fun with this Art Journal page. Such an inspiring graphic. Very satisfying and meditative process, starting from a blank Kraft page, to the finished piece. All hand drawn background. I used Distress Oxide inks, paint pens, alcohol ink markers and journal pens.




 HI. Here is my layout for the January 2019 challenge. I was inspired by the top right picture of black and whtie and spots, so that is what I have used on my page.. TFL!!




 Hi ladies, I am in the midst of moving house, but I took some "me" time today to scrap, it was awesome. I cheated a little with this one and created a cut file with a single circle. I layered the cut Kraft over a piece of starburst patterned paper to match the colours on my niece's shirt. I couldn't get the title quite right, so free hand scripted the 'free' then scanned and cut it out. Love how the finished product looks.



Be Happy’-i was inspired by the dots and colours on this Months Challenge Board.I have used dots and circles in various forms here.Hope you can join in too.😀



It took a while but when inspiration struck I loved the bright colours and all the circles in the art work. And I also drew inspiration from the pops of black.


 Like most of the others, this challenge made me think! I was inspired by one image in particular, in the middle second from the top (in case you hadn't worked it out!) and this was where I started. After creating some detail like this I used some circle stamps in black ink and then finished off with white dots using a paint pen, I loved how it came out!


As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!

 The Kraft Plus Guest Designers

This month we are lucky enough to have two Guest Designers join us and wow, did they blow me away with their creations!

First up is, Kerry Wagstaff




  "I painted the painted the background and used Kaisercraft Australiana paper range"
You can find Kerry on Instagram @kerry2902


Also joining us is International Guest Designer, Apexa Nagar, who has completed two stunning creations for us!


This is certainly the most attractive home for your paint brushes!

Apexa has also done a tutorial for both her projects, Kraft dolls & Traditional House organiser, which you can find on her blog HERE. I would highly recommend checking them out!
You can also find Apexa on Instagram @artstudiobyapexaa

Thank you so much ladies for joining us this month, we really appreciate it!

That's it for the January challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s INDIGENOUS ART challenge.

Thank you to all of you who played along with our December, NEEDLES & PINS challenge, we love that you shared those with us!
We can't wait to see what you all come up with for this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips