Wednesday 1 January 2020

January 2020, Kraft+ Challenge!


Happy New Year Krafters!


Welcome to 2020! Can you believe a new century is upon us! Haha I know my kids think it's a big deal, maybe I've just seen a few of them ;) As I said last month, we have another year full of challenges organised for you, so we do hope you’ll join us for a new year of ‘krafty’ fun.

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s SKETCH Challenge, the K+ Facebook Community page is looking brilliant! December is always a crazy busy month, so we truly appreciate the time you took to participate.


The exciting thing about a new year is new beginnings, and we have some exciting new beginnings coming your way this month, with the addition of 3 new Design Team members to inspire you, please make them feel welcome...







Now, onto the 1st challenge for 2020.


CARS; LIFE IS A HIGHWAY CHALLENGE
It’s the holiday season so let's be inspired by cars...whether it be your 1st car, or your ‘dream car’, or memories of driving holidays.
As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


 Hi Everyone! I'm excited that I'm sharing my first layout as a member of the Kraft+ Design Team. My inspiration was the Road Trip / Adventure theme.





Here is my first share as a member of the Kraft Plus team. :)

I totally fell in love with the mood board as soon as I saw it. Everything from the colours to the total retro feel of it had me swooning. I think this picture of my daughter posing with a prop of a pink cadiallac was the perfect choice for this layout. TFL. xo





I am so incredibly honoured to be joining the lovely & extremely talented ladies here at Kraft + Here’s my very first DT member page, inspired by Cars/“Life is a Highway”. Back in May 2018, I was very fortunate to be the recipient of a brand new Landcruiser Prado GXL. There’s nothing quite like the feeling or the smell of driving your own brand new car. My husband is a crop farmer & we live over 25kms from our closest town. I spend a great deal of time in this car and not always on great road surfaces, especially with the ongoing drought. So I wanted to capture not only my new car but the reason for purchasing this particular sort of car. I hope you feel inspired to join in on this fun challenge this month. Happy New Year, welcome to 2020!!!!






For this month’s challenge, I dug out a very old photo of my 1st car, it was a Mazda 808, previously belonging to my step-mother. I loved the retro feel of this mood board, so tried to give my layout a retro feel. I also used the quote in the mood board as my title.





 This month I went with the colours - they’re my faves - & used the adventure quote from the inspiration board!





Hi all.. I was inspired by this months graphic about a road trip and adventure.. When my Daughter had to get up to Townsville her Dad drove up with her.. I am sure they had fun along the way.. And this was to be the beginning of a new adventure for her as well.. I have used quotes to add to the feel of the new chapter that was commencing for her.. TFL!




Who remembers the Ted Mulry Gang (or TMG for fans like me). As soon as I saw this moodboard I knew exactly the photo I wanted to use and my title. I bought my first car, on old FE Holden for $250 when I was 16. Driving it was an adventure, it had no handbrake (I carried a brick in the boot to put behind the wheel when I parked on a hill), the windscreen wipers worked (or didn't) on a vacuum and the driver's side front window shattered one day when I closed the door. And I loved it. I drove it for over 10 years and finally gave it away to a colleague as it didn't owe me a cent!





‘Let the fun begin’- lucky me, I saw this little vintage beauty in Florence a few years ago. I have a liking for small cars. You name it, mini minors, smart cars and beetles. They might be small but have great character about them. Vroom, vroom, Amy






I decided to scrap my first car for the ‘Life is a highway’ challenge. It was a great first car, I bought it off an old couple who hardly drove it, so it was in really good condition even though it was an older car. I had to pull the ‘choke’ to warm the car on cold days though to get it going and definitely no power steering!






My first car was a HD Holden. I bought it from my brother for $400! My Stepdad later bought it from me and my stepbrother, then bought it from him! Lol..keeping it in the family! 'Circa 1984'...so many memories attached to this photo.





A simple interpretation from me this month. But I did relish the opportunity to use some of my new Studio Calico alpha stamps (which I LOVE), I have a feeling these will get a work out





 JAN page!





I loved the vintage feel to the moodboard, and used this as inspiration for my layout. The photo of this old vintage truck was taken in Rome, on one of our days exploring. I love vintage stuff, and this truck was just fantastic, sitting in a street outside a restaurant in the Trastevere District. I also used the red tones in the vintage car in the moodboard and the word "adventure" - all travel is an adventure, but none so much as when you go to a foreign country.




 


Guest Designer

Please welcome back...Donna O’Connell

 
 

I was happy to be chosen again and I really enjoyed the theme as it gave me a chance to scrapbook the photo which I couldn't work out what to do with, that's the good thing with challenges.

 Thank you so much for joining us this month Donna, it was a pleasure to have you join us again x.


Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the January challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips