Wednesday 1 July 2020

July Kraft+ Challenge - Shakespeare


Hello Krafters and welcome to July!

Firstly, I want to make an apology to anyone who may have emailed us??? I sincerely hope no-one has, as it turns out; the email account wasn’t playing nice! We now have a new email, which I have tested out several times ;) Ahhh technology, when it works, it’s brilliant, but when it doesn’t...grrrr!


Now onto the good stuff...a huge thank you to all who participated in last month’s NAVY and YELLOW Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking absolutely gorgeous with all your navy and yellow creations; I simply love that colour combo and love what you all did with it!

The July challenge.

SHAKESPEARE!


“If music be the food of love, play on”
This month’s inspiration may challenge you, I know it certainly got the Design Team thinking, but I hope it doesn’t discourage you. Let Shakespeare inspire you or simply take inspiration from elements in the fabulous mood board.

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

Shakespeare Challenge.

The Kraft Plus Design Team




 When I saw this challenge, the first thing I thought of was the famous "Romeo, Romeo" quote. I had a photo of my daughter on a balcony which was perfect for this. Which Shakespeare quote will you use?






This line from a Shakespeare play struck a chord with me as I believe in embracing your authentic self. I got stuck on how to start this one so I mod-podged a napkin onto Kraft and let the page flow from there.




Abby just finished reading "Hamlet", so it seemed appropriate to scrap book her and some Hamlet quotes!





I tried to take a satirical approach to this challenge - Shakespeare featured a lot of satire. I used a quote I found that was my inspiration, "We know what we are, but know not what we may be". So using this photo of myself and friends in Italy, we were posing on any set of steps we could find, this was one of them. There were so many "posers" when we were there, so we started to mimic them, usually no one else around us. It was all a bit of tongue in cheek stuff, and don't we all just look like supermodels, lol. I also found a book on Shakespeare in an op shop, and added some torn bits of pages to the background.




I absolutely love the colours and everything about the mood board this month and as soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what quote would feature on my page, as it is my favourite in reference to my gal. What I didn't know was which pictures I could use.

In the end I decided that these pictures of my gal last month before and after some emergency spinal surgery were the perfect choice for this challenge.

#thoughshebebutlittlesheisfierce truly does apply to my gal.





For July’s Shakespeare challenge I wanted to use this quote from The Tempest- since it’s so true! I’ve also pulled the yellow & rusty colours from the inspiration collage.




 Hi all! I was inspired to use a quote from Shakespeare for this challenge.. so many to choose from... but I went with "To thine own self be true" from Hamlet.. I thought the chipboard title of "Just be yourself" was perfect for this quote.. TFL!!




 I went with misquoting Shakespeare. I used a new texture paste I bought from Lincraft and heated it with a heat gun (too impatient to let it dry naturally!). Not only did it bubble up which I expected, it also changed & became lighter. Very cool 2 tone effect I think.




 “Boldness be my friend” as quoted by William Shakespeare. I have opted to use this quote as felt that it compliments the photo of my two boys. They were trying to line Sam’s glasses up to get a reflection of the famous Colosseum amphitheatre in Rome. Thank you for stopping by and take care, Amy



I was inspired by the colours and text in the black and white image, and love the quote, "to thine own self be true". I added another quote from collage paper.


Guest Designer

Please welcome for this month...



Rachel Langdon

 I was so excited to be asked to join the Kraft+ team this month but when I saw the moodboard I was stumped! However taking inspiration from the skull image and the colours black red and gold I came up with a layout that I am really happy with.


Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com


That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.
We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips