Saturday 1 June 2019

June 2019 - Add Patterns


Hello Krafters!


Welcome to June!!! Can you believe we are already halfway through the year!
How sensational is the Facebook K+ Community page...I’m guessing last month’s Sketch Challenge was a huge hit with everyone. I personally loved seeing them all and it was such a delight to have so many participate. We truly appreciate all who joined in last month’s challenge. There were some very creative takes on the sketch!

Sadly, one of our Design Team leaves us this month, so we say a sad goodbye to Tamara McMahon. Best wishes and thank you Tamara xo

Now, the best thing about a new month is a new challenge. This month we want you to be inspired by PATTERNS, inspired by the gorgeous work from Eloise Renouf. As always, this month’s mood board was created by the talented Amanda Hall.



 ‘ADD PATTERNS’ Challenge.

Be inspired by the patterns and colours of this moodboard...and please, don't forget the Kraft!




 
The Kraft Plus Design Team

As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!


Welcoming back Heather, after a few months break...so fabulous to have you back with us.

 I was inspired by many aspects of the challenge graphic: I used patterened papers that were similar to the designs on the board, I used similar colours and I was inspired by the grid-like design. I must say these colours were a challenge for me!




 I have used circles with the patterned paper and stamped circles on the background too.




I made a card this month, inspired by the graphic. I revisited a few neglected stamp sets and pattern papers that have sat in my stash, way too long!! Yay!





This month I chose my photo to best match the inspiration graphic, which in turn inspired my background which I created based on another Grand Canyon photo. First I sketched the outlines, then watercoloured the wooded areas, then used a black Posca paint pen to do the line work, finally finishing with painting the dots for trees.











Here is my layout for the June challenge.
For this layout, I was inspired by the tree images and cloud images in the graphic. The trees were especially inspiring, and I have tried to capture this in my use of the chipboard trees. I was also inspired by the colours.





I’ve used a punch to create my triangles, as well as some washi tape to make my pattern. I really loved the colour palette, so incorporated that as well!




 HI all! I was inspired by the graphic this month and I have also used the colours.. lots of patterned papers on this page.. TFL!





 ‘You,you,you’-Hi All! I have created this page doing things in 3’s as my pattern. Including the stamped title, stamped chevrons and simply that 3 letter word-you. Thanks For Looking, Amy






 


Guest Designer

We welcome Jacinta Mott as this month’s Guest Designer!




 Hello Everyone! So excited to be your guest designer this month. I absolutely LOVE patterned paper so this was a great challenge for me. When using bold patterns I prefer to keep the design simple so the photo remains the focal point. The challenge colours matched this photo of my son perfectly. I look forward to seeing your creations this month.




Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the June challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s ADD PATTERNS challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips