Monday 1 July 2019

July 2019 - Bollywood!


Good morning Krafters!


Welcome to July!!! Eeeck, we are entering the second half of the year! That’s all a little scary for me personally, my baby boy turns 18 in a matter of weeks, he’s sitting his HSC and is thinking about uni’s and to be honest, I’m simply not ready for all that! That’s what I love about this craft, the ability to record memories, hopefully for generations to come.

As always, I’m absolutely loving the Facebook K+ Community page, thank you to all who participated in our ADD PATTERNS Challenge. It was fabulous to see all your creative patterns!

Now, the best thing about a new month is a new challenge. This month we want you to be inspired by BOLLYWOOD, and the gorgeous graphics on this month’s mood board. As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 ‘BOLLYWOOD’ Challenge.




The Kraft Plus Design Team
As always, these girls have amazed me with their creativity!



  I was really inspired by the bright, bold colours and the gold. You can't see it too well in the full photo but I used my Cameo with my Foil Quill to sketch a big mandala design onto my kraft cardstock. I've foiled lots of other pieces as well in the gold and also the bright and bold colours! This was a fun challenge as I love working with brights!




 I was inspired by the bright colours and the gold of the challenge board and found they were just as appropriate for an entirely different country! The henna tattooing inspired me to use stamping, although I strayed a long way from the swirly designs as I wanted a folk art feel to support the photos. This challenge was such fun!




I was inspired by the colours from the graphic and the 'bling'. I chose this photo because of my daughter’s earrings, she was dressing up and had some make up on too!






I was inspired by the henna tattoo do a background. After experimenting I downloaded an image from the internet and used this as a template to do some paper piercing. I had intended to use the right side of this page, but it turned out I loved the underside much more and so flipped my design around




 I have made an art journal page using a picture from the plastic packaging of a Bratz doll box, which I kept for years. (From when My daughter was about 6 maybe, she is 16 now!) Glad to finally use it. I painted the hair on opposite page and used shimmer sprays for background in my Kraft journal. There's bling, foil and colour paste in there too!!







 July challenge.. I was inspired by the bright yellow, purple and orange. Combined these with Mandala stencil in the background and lots of flowers and enamel/bling dots.




 Initially I had a struggle with this challenge, but I just had to get my brain into the right gear, and think outside of the square. I took inspiration from the colours in the graphic to start with, and using this photo of a class with Lisa Oxley, I was then able to continue. Lisa is not afraid to use colour, so this challenge was perfect. I used my photo then to recreate what I learnt in the class, using the same techniques and I created the lady as well, an adaptation of the lady in the graphic. I stamped on my alphas, which was inspired by the henna tattoo. I also used gold on my layout, taking that from the graphic.





The colours of this mood board was what instantly grabbed my eye, how could they not...so bright & bold. I thought this paper range worked well for this, as did the photo, more for the bright & bold personalities! I was also drawn to the henna tattoo, so heat embossed gold mandala’s in the background.





I've taken the colours from the mood board, plus a little glitz & glamour with the sparkly washi & title, as well as a touch of black, inspired by the eyeliner in the graphic.




 Hi Here is my layout for the July Challenge.. I was inspired by the vibrant colours and I have used a photo of my DD all dressed up in her Formal Gown from last year.. TFL!




 ‘Dream’-I have created this mixed media tag. Using the vibrant colours, lots of bling and the film strip as my source of inspiration drawn from the Challenge set. Mind you, it really had me thinking here. Thanks, Amy





Guest Designer

We welcome the lovely Donna O’Connell as this month’s Guest Designer!



My name is Donna and I live in Sydney. I have been scrapbooking for over 16 years and it is my therapy. I would describe my style as fairly neat but I do like to mix it up occasionally with some mixed media and messy components. The main themes of my scrapbooking creations would be family friends and holidays. I was very excited and honoured to be chosen as this month’s guest designer.



Each month we are on the lookout for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!!
You can share your K+ creations with us on our
We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.
Our email is kraftplusaust@outlook.com


That's it for the July challenge. I do hope you enjoy this month’s BOLLYWOOD challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips