Monday 1 March 2021

March Kraft+ Challenge - Torn Paper

 

Hello Krafters and welcome to Autumn!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s

KITTY McCALL Challenge. 

The K+ Facebook Community page is looking absolutely beautiful & flowery for the month of February.

 

 

March challenge.

 


This month we are going a bit old school with torn paper, so get ripping! It doesn’t get much easier than that.

 

Torn Paper Challenge.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

 


I love tearing paper in my layouts, I do it quite a bit. It is such an easy way to add texture to a layout.
I thought this photo might be a great one to use for the challenge, and create a shabby chic vintage layout. I think it worked, lol.


 


 

March challenge.


 

 

 

I went for with the simple [but effective idea] of tearing the background papers behind the photos for this month's challenge.

 




What a fun challenge! I have one of those steel rulers with jagged edges perfect for tearing paper and making fabulous ripped edges.. So I used this on the paper strips, layered the papers and added a few ribbons and then placed my photo on that and added some fussy cut flowers and die cuts.. what fun!!

 




Tearing paper is something I struggle with; it just doesn't feel right to me. This time I just closed my eyes and let it rip!

 



“oh Happy day!”- hi Everyone! This is my take on this months torn paper challenge. I have kept this page simple as wanted the torn paper to be the standout here. Thank you for stopping by. Amy

 




I decided to use the Torn Paper inspiration to make a page dedicted to my latest crush - old papers. I made this page entirely with old papers from an ArtStacks pack, 'The Homemaker'. I used printed pianola roll and old book papers, some nearly 100 years old!
I wrote a little poem to express my thoughts too!
I hope you can join us this month


 

 

 


I came up with these cards for the torn paper challenge. I tore strips and created a corner feature and did some background stamping, then added some water-colour to the flower cut outs


 

 


 
I haven't ripped some paper for ages. My advice? Just "march" right and and do it

 

 

 

March challenge.

 

 

 

 

 

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...


  Katherine Boddy Blue


 Hello, I'm Kate Blue from Maryland and I've been scrapbooking, mixed media and art journaling and doing what I call "art therapy" for about 13 years. I'll admit,  I don't scrap with a specific scrappy style in mind-I let the photos and the story be my guide!

 Thank you Kraft + for picking me as this month's guest; I definitely was challenged with this month's board  and was primarily inspired by all the paper tears.   I tore kraft paper and added that on top of more kraft paper! Touches of yellow, blue and pink  paints topped  off with fussy cuts of non traditional black and white waves made for a modern summery feel.

You can find me on Instagram @kraftyqueenkat or at my blog https://kateblue.blogspot.com/  and I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

 

 

 ***

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips