Monday 1 February 2021

February Kraft + Challenge - Kitty McCall.

 

Hello Krafters and hello to February!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s

COCO-COLA ADVERTS Challenge. 

The K+ Facebook Community page is looking fabulously bright and bubbly with all your cola inspired creations.

 

 

February challenge.

 

We certainly have a gorgeous one for you all this month, with inspiration coming from artist, Kitty McCall.

As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall using Kitty McCall’s work, you can find her blog HERE.

 

Kitty McCall Challenge.

 


 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 


I had to google Kitty McCall - her patterns are gorgeous.
For my layout I went bold with the touches of black.
I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s creations.

 

 

 

I loved the inspiration board this month so much and eagerly set out to create my LO, however my LO looks nothing like what I had planned. I'm still not sure what I think of it but I must admit I had lots of fun with it AND my daughter loves it. Can't ask for much more.

 

 

 

February layout.

 

 

  

I love this mood board. I’d just printed some botanicals onto vellum - & thought they worked nicely with the Kraft cardstock!

 

 



 HI Here is my layout for the February challenge and I was inspired to use florals.. I have fussy cut my floral elements from the pretty papers from Mintay. Loved creating for this challenge! TFL!

 


 

I started with some white gesso and then some acrylic paint rolled on with a brayer.

 

 

 

 “Wake Up and be awesome “-I had no idea who Kitty McCall was! Therefore I googled her up. Crikey, her art is pretty spectacular. I was inspired by her flowers and stripes that she would place in the background. I cranked out my gelli plate with some bright coloured paints. Then stamped the background with a foam Kinderkreations stamp from my stash and lastly I use a Dina Wakley flower stamped onto vellum. Something different me thinks. TFL, Amy

 


 

 

I was a bit daunted by this challenge at first. I didn't know who Kitty McCall was and painting flowers looked scary to me! Like many of my teamies, I googled her. I became intrigued by the way she layers leaves so I thought I'd give that a go. I was rapt with the outcome. I think I'll be doing this again, although next time it will be with my own twist.
The finished piece was so bright that I went completely plain on the other side of the page to counterbalance the busyness.
Thanks to the K+ ladies for coming up with such a cool challenge. I hope you can give it a go!

 

 

 

 

 

I created an Art Journal page for this one! Kitty McCall's style has certainly evolved over the years. I was inspired by everything in the mood board and the dress was inspired by the fabric pieces that she does!

 

 

 

 


My first instinct this month was to contain all the explosion of colour. I'm not sure if I succeeded or not but I do love this cut file, it's the second time I've used it. This time around I enlarged it and went off the page, then learnt how to crop it so I kept a little border.

 

 

 

 


My Feb page!

 

 


 

In March 2020, we visited Botanical Gardens in a town called Portland. There was a magnificent Dahlia display, of which I took heaps of photos - of course. Anyway, I had no idea if I would even scrap these photos, but this challenge came up and it was the perfect way to scrap the photos.
I was inspired by an image I found when researching Kitty McCall, one of her designs with a vase of flowers. I thought it would be a great way to do the dahlias. I created my vase by stenciling some black texture paste onto paper. I then fussy cut all the photos of they dahlias, and "arranged" into my vase. I was also inspired by her line work in the graphics, so did some stenciling on the background of the Kraft. I love how I was able to display a heap of photos.

 

 

 

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...


 Heather Bensley

 

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to be invited as the guest designer for Kraft + for February 2021. It was a lovely mood board with lots of opportunity for ideas. I started Scrapbooking when my first grandchild was born and she will soon be celebrating her 18th birthday, how time flies when you're scrapping! I now have five gorgeous grandchildren and so have lots of inspiration to keep me going. My daughters keep me supplied with a plethora of delightful photos that seem to fit all scenarios. I have seen a lot of changes in Scrapbooking since I started, not only in styles but also in materials and techniques, but it is still nice to find old papers and embellishments and mix them with exciting new pieces. I wouldn't describe myself as having any particular dominant style, instead preferring to just go with what I love at the time and having fun exploring new techniques that I would like to try. I have met some amazing, inspiring and lovely people during my Scrapbooking journey. I have just retired (......this is my second attempt at retirement but this time I think it will stick!) and so now have lots of that rarest resource that scrappers covet, time!! And so now, in my little studio my husband has built me in our garden, I love scrapping everyday, enjoying seeing my grandchildren smiling back at me from my pages. Cheers and Happy Scrapping. Heather Bensley.

 

 ***

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips