Thursday 1 July 2021

July Kraft+ Challenge - Graphic Layering!

Hello Krafters and welcome to July!

 

Thank you to all who joined us last month with our LIFE IS SWEET Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking super sweet and colourful.

 

 

July challenge.

 

This month...GRAPHIC LAYERING!


This month it’s all about GRAPHIC LAYERING and as usual, draw inspiration from the month’s mood board.


 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


I made an Art Journal page for this challenge. I painted some metallic water colour circles for the background then, inspired by the images of half circles, I painted some tissue paper and cut the purple half circles from it. I added several other shapes by stamping and the purple flowers and stem are hand painted and fussy cut

 



 This challenge had me stumped to start with but I looked at the challenge board and was inspired by the layers of mountains. I used brand new ArtStacks papers with different textures and levels of transparency to create the mountains. I love how they turned out!
Sometimes it's great to be stimulated by challenging challenges! I hope you can join us.

 




The graphic layering challenge really challenged me, I wasn't sure how to go about it, but then got that thinking cap on. My layout I suppose was inspired by the graphic of the triangular mountains, with the layers on top of each other. I grabbed a scallop die and cut out heaps of cardstock. Initially I had them layered neatly, but then when I went to stick them down, they all moved. That looked way better than the neat stacks, so that's what I went with.


 


For this month’s GRAPHIC LAYERING Challenge, I created an art journal page. I started with a layer stencilled paint, then added some collage paper, again in a graphic design and then more stencilled paint. I took inspiration from the mood board colours, using blues, greens and orange.

 

 


I took my queue from Lizzy Crust’s definition of Graphic Layering - but decided to create some decorated envelopes all ready for ‘Happy Mail’. I’ve stacked stamping, images, washi & shapes on top of each other. And had a ball! I hope this inspires you-all this month!

 

 


 Hi all! Here is my layout for the July 2021 challenge to be inspired by Graphic Layering.. I was stumped at first but then the description of Graphic Layering is stacking various images graphics or text on top of one another.. so I punched out various circles of the floral papers, fussy cut some flowers and butterflies and layered them!! Just have fun creating with layers!

 

 

 


 

 

 


 Hello Scrappy Friends. I have here my attempt on this months geometric challenge. Oh boy! It got my brains racking again. Anyways, trying to keep with the theme, I have incorporated a geometric background with a stencil in black. Also I have stamped some yellow arrows and hand cut them out and placed them on my stamped boarder. I look forward to seeing your takes in this challenge as there are so many possibilities! TFL,Amy

 

 
  

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

 

...Julianne McKenna

 

A little about Jules The Bling Princess: I had my first scrap lesson in 2006, and I have never looked back. It was instantaneous love and I was hooked!I have been fortunate enough to design for Pencil Lines (oh, how I miss this site), Helmar, Zva Creative, Kaisercraft and Couture Creations. I have been published in both national and international magazines. I don't have one particular style - I tend to dabble in all areas - it is very dependent on my mood and how inspiration strikes me. The one thing that is most consistent with my layouts is my love of colours. I love bold, bright, eye-catching colours. I have a weakness for bling (or anything that sparkles), flowers and stencils. I have way too many of those items in my stash (but no, I don't regret them one bit!). Shhhh...I may or may not have just ordered some more stencils in the sales. I have just had a four year break from scrapbooking, but I am back now and enjoying it immensely. You can find me on Instagram @theblingprincess

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips