Sunday 1 August 2021

August Kraft+ Challenge - Inspired by Pie Graphs

 Good morning Krafters!

Thank you to all who joined us last month with our GRAPHIC LAYERING Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking FABulous.

 

August challenge.


 INSPIRED BY PIE GRAPHS!

 

This month we have teamed up with ‘Scrap The Boys’ with our 

INSPIRED BY PIE GRAPHS Challenge, 

so why not focus your ‘Kraft’ creation on the boys and men in your life and share your creation on both challenge sites. Who doesn’t love a 2 for 1 deal!

 

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

Hi All! I was inspired by the circles on the moodboard.  I have handpunched circles in various colours. Then placed random embellishments over the circles. I wanted to make this page colourful and simple. As to compliment this daggy but memorable photo captured of myself at kindergarten with my kinder buddies. Ah those were the days(70s ). Thank you, for stopping by. Amy

 

 

 


 I created an Art Journal page with some Vicki Boutin ephemera, perfect for this challenge.

 

 

 

 Wow - what an interesting challenge!
I cut rough circles from collaged ArtStacks papers then cut pie-wedges from them to create oversized flowers. The strange woman and funny quote are from the new Artist Series from ArtStacks.
This was fun!

 

 

 

 I found this to be a challenge to say the least. So I guess I took my inspiration from "pieces of pie", and used that to inspire a layout about piecing with fabric. The title is piecing it together, as I am with my friends, who travelled to visit me from Perth to Melbourne.


 


 Hello all. When I saw this challenge, I thought of cake ;) so went in search of a cake photo and of course because we are teaming up with ‘Scrap the Boys’, it had to be my boy with cake...luckily I found one! So cute! I cut various size circles then cut a ‘piece’ from them. I also ‘pinched’ Lizzy Crust’s cog idea for my background...so clever.

 

 

 I was inspired to create embellies mimicking the pie chart idea & also, the little bite represents my little grandson!

 

 

 

 Hi All! My layout for August has a large pie graph as the foundation with different papers for the segments and by a happy accident the cogs I cut from dies also look like little 'pies'!!

 

 

 

August Challenge.

 

   

Guest Designer

We are thrilled and very lucky to have two Guest Designers joining us this month. Please welcome...

 

...Kathy Sonnier McElfresh

 


I’m really happy to be a Guest Designer for Kraft Plus Challenges this month! I love the look of Kraft on all types of projects and this community is always filled with inspiration and innovation. I’m primarily a traditional 12x12 scrapper with a love of mixed media and I do a bit of art journaling on the side. Lately I’m like a mad woman pulling prints from my gel plate! This month’s inspiration mood board tapped into the pie chart idea that works in so many art forms because it can equally represent the order and logic of math and the lovely chaos of art. For a page about a crazy puppy I went with the look of an exploding pie chart to contrast with her brief moment of calm. I used scraps from Vicki Boutin’s Color Study along with ephemera that included kraft. There’s even a small stamped pie chart exploding with a lime green piece! I have a process video up on my YouTube channel if you’d like to see how it came together.

My Social Media Links: ScrappyKathy Facebook link: https://www.Facebook.com/scrappykathyy ScrappyKathy Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/scrappykathyy

Scrappy Kathy YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC6qtVo7aBN2as-CGizhMb1A

 

...Tina Steinborner

 


Hi I’m Tina from Papertin scrapping. I am a wife, mother of 2 grown up children. I work in a local Cafe at Robe. We also have a small farm and a business. I have been scrapbooking for 6 years. I started doing a book for my daughters 21st. I love the memory keeping aspect as well as the chance just to zone out of my hectic and sometimes stressful life. I have guest designed for the stamp spot and Charms Creations.

You’ll find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Papertin-Scrapping-100572621850803/

 

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips