Tuesday 1 February 2022

February 2022 Kraft+ Challege - Inspired by fruit.

 

 Hello Krafters!

 A new month is upon us, the good news is, that means a new monthly challenge!

A huge thank you to all who joined us for last month’s DREAMING OF TRAVEL Challenge, the Community Facebook page is looking absolutely fabulous. It was lovely to take a virtual holiday with you all.

 

 February challenge.


INSPIRED BY FRUIT

 

Be inspired by fruit! Let the colours, shapes or experience of fruit inspire you this month.

 

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


Sail Away party, heading North to Alaska, plenty of free fruit cocktails, started off as fruit cocktails and as the night progressed became alcoholic fruit cocktails, they were so nice, a great start to our 10 day Alaskan Cruise

 

 

 

 

Box card

 

 

 


I like a good fruit pun - hence the 'peachy' title. From the mood board I've chosen the brighter colours to create the 'sweet' stamped bg. Also, I found that circle wedge stamp, which reminded me of lemons and oranges!

 

 



 I was inspired this month by the quote and also the pineapples. I found some older papers that had pineapples so I have fussy cut some pineapples and layered them among fussy cut flowers.. such a fun colorful challenge this month! TFL!

 




Melon

 


 


At first this challenge had me stumped as I couldn't find any fruit-themed pics but then I remembered a title I used on a layout years ago and I scraplifted that. "Under Blueberry Skies" is made on the leading piece of an old pianola roll. I wanted to keep the original printing and old stamp exposed so I had to juggle things around a bit but I think I got there.
I hope you can join us this month!

 


 


I was inspired by the fruity colours! I used stencil to add colour and to replicate some lemons and oranges!

 




Fresh papers plus Kraft match perfectly with this fresh fruit! The best lemons make the sweetest lemonade and layouts!

 

 


This one was super easy considering I had these gorgeous lemony papers and stamps...I'm a huge fan of lemon, especially lemon meringue, lemon anything really.


 

 Guest Designer

This month we are lucky enough to have 2 Guest Designers joining us, please welcome...

 

Heather Bensley

 

It is a pleasure to be the guest artist for February. I can’t believe that I have been scrapbooking for eighteen years. I started when my eldest granddaughter was born. I wasn’t going to get involved in another craft but I thought I would just do a couple of pages....you know how it is......just to try it out.Well so much for that plan. Here I am. Now Grandma to five fabulous grandchildren and many albums later. I have been published in magazines, with a front cover and have been a guest artist online a number of times. And still it excites me. I hope you all enjoy it as much and I hopep my page can give you some inspiration.

 

 

...& Devra Adler Hunt

 


My name is Devra and I have been creating scrapbook pages for over 20 years. I enjoy the process from beginning to end, especially all the pretty paper. My style is what you might call adaptive. I do whatever feels right in the moment so it’s changing all the time! When I’m not crafting I’m reading and dreaming of summer at the beach. 

We are in the middle of winter over here so I was excited to see bright summer fruits in this months mood board. I was inspired by the circles, the layers and the transparent citrus fruit segments. There are circles and small dots on my page, layers of paper, stickers and embellishments and vellum pie chart pieces. Of course, I used bright colors as well which are supported nicely by the kraft background. Thank you for having me. You can find me on Instagram @thebeachygal

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips