Monday 1 August 2022

August Kraft+ Challenge - Embrace your handwriting!

 

Good morning Krafters!

 

 

How fabulous is the Kraft+ Facebook page with all your GENERATIONAL LOVE Challenge layouts, very heart-warming...I love it! Thank you to all who joined us.

 

August challenge.

 

EMBRACE YOUR HANDWRITING CHALLENGE

 


This month will certainly be a challenge for many with our EMBRACE YOUR HANDWRITING CHALLENGE! Sadly very few of us love, let alone like their own handwriting. Though I’m a big believer in having your own handwriting on a page, as it’s so unique to you, it’s personal & rather sentimental. Haha take it from me…the person who has kept an old shopping list of her dad’s ;) So this month embrace your handwriting and get it on a page, whether it’s a lot of journaling or a single line, it can even be hidden behind tags, or secret envelopes if you find it too hard to handle, just get some of YOU on the page. As always, don’t forget the Kraft.

Have fun with it!

 

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


For this challenge I made an art journal page using scraps off my desk. I love the random, messy effect that scraps give to my pages.
I tore the book paper then wrote my journaling on the kraft background between the torn sections. I used one of Deb Weiers' gorgeous little pieces of two people from ArtStacks and wrote "We're all in this together" repeatedly on the kraft background between the torn sections. This is a statement about world events, mainly the war in Ukraine and covid.
I hope you'll play along with us!

 

 

 

 


 

Not many of us like our own handwriting so this is a great challenge to get out of our comfort zones.

I decided to write a letter to my son who turned 18 earlier this year.






With the introduction of the new larger Dina Wakley Kraft journal, there are no excuses for me not to join in and create ;) It would be fabulous to see more art journalers join us. I’ll confess I’m not a huge fan of my handwriting, so much prefer it to be hidden, which it is here behind the tags, which pull out. I left 3 of them connected, rather than separating them.

 

 

 

 


I found a cute little 6 x 6" Kraft album, recently with great quality pages, perfect for this challenge.

"I used to be a huge letter writer, especially once I started travelling and once I moved Interstate. I loved receiving my reply letters from friends and family and have kept them all, among other keepsakes, in a box. I also had pen friends for many years and have always kept a written journal. This is what my journal pages are about
It was great to add handwriting to this layout, I'm not as neat as I used to be, but I am ok with that!"

 

 

 


 


 


  

Dating myself with John & Betty! Thanks to Mum the archivist!

 

 

 

 

 

Hi all.. For this months journalling challenge I thought I would put some thoughts about Motherhood on my layout for my Daughter that she might just relate to one day!! I have fussy cut some elements out of the Mintay papers and added some lace keeping the design simple... and the journalling central on my layout.. TFL!

 

 

 


August Handwriting... I added a handwritten list down the centre of my layout, as well as a handwritten quote in the top and bottom corners. I am a Hufflepuff!

 

 

 

 


 I’ve used a few different styles of handwriting & pens on my layout - & taken advantage of the challenge to tell a lovely long story about my son’s family & their covid adventures living in Vietnam!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guest Designer

Unfortunately we have no guest designer to introduce this month.

 

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips