Friday 1 January 2021

January Kraft+ Challenge - Coca-Cola Adverts!

 

Hello Krafters and a Happy New Year!

 

Thank you to all who participated in last month’s

NATURALLY NEON Challenge. The K+ Facebook Community page is looking fabulously bright with all your neon creations.

 

 

January challenge.

 

It’s the New Year,

so let’s crack the bubbles and celebrate ;) Haha not the alcoholic type, but the soda, as this month’s inspiration is to come from Coca-Cola Adverts! Nothing screams summer more to me! This month we want you to draw inspiration from this gorgeous Coca-Cola Advert mood board.

 


 As always, the graphics were created by our very talented Amanda Hall.

 

Coca-Cola Adverts Challenge.

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team

 

I absolutely adore this month's inspiration board. The 'Coke Colours' are some of my very favourite together so I knew without a doubt I wanted to give it a go and for once I made the time. I literally embraced 'the beautiful chaos' as the words on the LO suggest and just went with it. Hope you enjoy.

Happy New Year to you all. x

 


 

 

I essentially ‘lifted’ the image on the left hand side, though I ended up changing my black figure for red, simply because I preferred it ;) I adore this flourish stencil by Dina Wakley, it’s been featuring in a few of my creations of late, but it worked perfectly with this.

 


 

 

I took inspiration from the left image on the mood board & went to town with stamping & inking. There is so much choice for this month’s challenge!

 

 


 

Hi All! For this month I was inspired from the mood board to use red and yellow and the flourishes grabbed my eye too.. I added a few yellow splats from the moodboard on my back ground as well.. TFL!

 


 

 

Hi Krafters, there was an add in the 1960's with the jingle "Things go better with Coca-Cola" so that was my inspiration for my title. Couldn't get the jingle out of my head for days!

 

 

 

 


“Yeah!Yeah!Yeah!”-I was inspired by the awesome splashes of colour in he back ground of one of the images shown. Seeing that Coca Cola is a fizzy drink, I wanted to create both pops of colour with bubbles over the background. I have attempted to hand paint the famous curves of the bottle. Thank you for popping by, Amy.
P.S if you are wondering why, the drink captured is not a Coca Cola beverage.I have never liked the taste of the Coke Family and their drinks.

 


 

 

 My inspiration came from the centre top and bottom right images on the board. They both use that V-shape which I created out of kraft pattern-making tissue from ArtStacks.
I added a heart at the bottom of the V like the bottom right pic but took my overall retro theme from the top centre pic. I love fashion throughout the decades and was rapt to be able to create this entire page with only kraft cardstock and ArtStacks papers - including the paper ruffle!

 

 

 


I took loads of inspiration from the mood board this month, especially the far left graphic. I picked up the orange in my photo and ran with that in lieu of the red. I was pretty happy to find some perfect Vicki Boutin embellishments and stamped some giant flowers with a Cocoa Daisy stamp I've had for years but never used.

 

 

 

 

I was inspired by the image on the left side of the graphic, but also the colours in the Ideal brain tonic image.I used my distress oxides to colour the background. I liked the stripey background in the left sided image, and the flourishes, flowers, butterfly and hot air balloon, and tried to represent this on the cards.We have had 3 resignations at my work in the last 2 months. So I have made these cards to give to these staff members. I felt that the butterfly and the balloon represented them leaving.Due to covid restrictions, we haven't yet been able to get together to have a farewell dinner, so I will give these to them when we do get together.
 

 

 

 

January page - inspired by the red and yellow and the sunbursts!

 

 

 

 

 As a coke drinker I found this challenge a lot of fun and I knew immediately which photo I was going to use.
This is photo of one of my sons at an ice hockey game blowing that horrid horn! (We needed to introduce rules about when it could be blown - only at the hockey and only when a goal is scored!). This photo featured on the team’s Facebook page.
I used gesso, paint and stencils.

 

 

 


 

 

Guest Designer

 

Please welcome for this month...

Brenda Caldow

 

 

Hello everyone. I’m so pleased to be joining Kraft+ this month for the January 2021 challenge. I have been joining in here from about the time Kraft+ first started. I love the challenges and working on and with Kraft cardstock/paper. As soon as I looked at the challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Red for the coke logo with just a little white along with the bright yellow for summer sunshine. I printed out some little coke bottles. I coloured some gauze with yellow and red ink. And being me I had to use flowers as they are my favourite craft item and I use them as much as I can.

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

We no longer have the ‘linky’ tool on the blog, but would still love to see your creations. Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips