Friday 1 October 2021

October Kraft+ Challenge - Manga

 Good morning Krafters!

 How gorgeous was last month’s INSPIRED BY LAURA HORN Challenge! Laura has such a beautiful style and we love how you all embraced it...the Facebook K+ Community Group is looking absolutely gorgeous, thank you to all who joined in.

 

 October challenge.

 

 This month it’s all about MANGA. Now before you ask, MANGA are comics or graphic novels originating from Japan. It’s not a challenge without being a challenge ;)

As always, this month’s mood board is created by Amanda Hall.

 

 

The Kraft Plus Design Team


For this months challenge I was inspired by the theme of Japan.. My Daughter had a trip to Japan in her last year of school and really enjoyed the culture and food and so this layout is capturing the memory of that trip.

 

 

October challenge

 

 

What can I say?! Again, I found this months challenge got me thinking again. The eyes and facial expressions of the Manga designs was a standout feature for me. I attempted to draw the eyes by doing a step by step process on vellum paper then colouring it in with white paint pen,grey lead and black sharpie pen. I think it turned out ok for my first attempt. Overall as always, I had fun creating this. Thank you for looking and we look forward to seeing your take on this months challenge. Amy

 

 


This was a really interesting challenge for me because both my kids love manga! I decided to scrap about some of Courtney's amazing manga drawings. For a fun twist, I embellished the page with ArtStacks flowers and butterflies that Courtney drew as well.
I hope you'll join us this month

 


 


October challenge

 

 



Hi everyone, well isn't this an interesting challenge. I really found this a challenge, to start with I had no idea what Manga was, so that is what my layout is about. How I have researched what Manga is and I have added a description of Manga. I then had no idea how to decorate the layout, so I grabbed some rub ons, and just started adding them. Do I love this? Not really, but I guess we need to try things that challenge us as well.
I hope you enjoy the challenge.

 

 



I was totally flummoxed with what to do for this month’s challenge until Lizzy Crust suggested to take the idea of Asia from it- so I have! I love that our inspiration boards are there for jumping off ideas!

 

 

Guest Designer

This month, please welcome...

 

Lauren Tomecek

 

I had to research this topic and learnt manga are Japanese comics which are normally printed in black and white. So I printed my photos in black and white and arranged them in a sequential panel design similar to a mini-comic.

...

 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 

 

Each month we are on the look-out for eye-catching projects for potential Guest Designers to join us. There is nothing extra you need to do, just share your layout or project in the Kraft+ Community Facebook page. We hope you all embrace the opportunity.

 

We welcome all kinds of Kraft entries for our challenges, from a traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journal and tags etc., just please remember that it is all about the Kraft, so we want to see Kraft as the base or ‘hero’ of your creation.

You can share your K+ creations with us on our

Facebook Kraft Plus Community Group

Anyone who is not on Facebook, can email us their creations and if you have a blog, a link to that so we can still visit.

Our email is kraftplusaust@yahoo.com

 

 

That's it for this month’s challenge. I do hope you find the time to join us and have fun with the challenge.

We can't wait to see what you all come up with this month :-)

 

Stay safe and happy Krafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips